What do you know of 'glycemic instability'?

I feel certain that this is whats going on here. Have dropped from Lantus = 35 to Lantus = 31, but will have to drop farther. People are suggesting, maybe, 8 or 10 units of decrease might be required in order to recover system stability. I think I have been living most of my life in a state of glycemic instability. Dropping the Lantus seems to have fundamentally changed the system. Extreme highs have almost disappeared, as well as most of the lows. I didn't expect the highs to decrease from dropping my Lantus dose. Its a bit counter-intuitive.

For years I’ve randomly gotten severe drops shortly after injecting lantus . It drops by as much as 130 dc/mg. Doctors can’t explain it. I’ve tried splitting doses but it still happens . I’m about to try tresiba .

1 Like

Frank_S, this post is from almost 10 years ago. :sweat_smile: What closet did you drag this post out of? Funny. Your the only one to ever respond.

That’s an interesting problem. I don’t have any theories, but maybe someone else has experienced something similar. Fingers crossed.