I’ve had D for less than a year, but I’ve already learnt a great deal about myself from having it. These are some of the things I now know:
- I can stick to a strict diet, if I really want to
- My mood depends a great deal on eating regularly
- I can stand up for myself and make sure I get the care I need
- I can do a better job of caring for my D than my doctor does, sometimes
- I have learnt more about my body in the last couple of months than I have in the rest of my life
- I have learnt to see the world from the perspective of a diabetic - I always think about how I can keep control of my D in any situation
- I can PLAN PLAN PLAN!