What is your personal record for wearing a Dexcom sensor?

24 days I believe is my record. Currently on day 14 with my current one so maybe I'm heading to a new record!

I once got 29 days out of one sensor but it always gets flaky when pushed that far. I usually just restart once and replace after the 14 days.

14 daysā€¦but Iā€™m going to go longer if possible.

wow! some weeks I don't even go the standard 7 days! For those who have a long lasting one - what do you do to make it last longer? I am very active (running, swimming and cycling) and with all the sweat I have had Dexcom replace (at no charge) mid week. I can't imagine going 15-20 or even 25 days!!!

14 days. It must be the chemistry of my body but I can never count on a reliable 14 days. My sensors bomb out between day 10 and 14.

Added tape is what I use. I used to be able to go with just the adhesive on the sensor but now I have to add additional tape and it works fine.

18 days. I always seitch out at 14 now - because it is usually going to go soon after that.

4 weeks with the new G4!

I, too, usually get 14 days out of a sensor. I also find the accuracy better in the second week. The first 2 to 2 1/2 days are very inaccurate, so I love the second week!

started 4t week yesterday ago...very accurat
werner

I know this old threadā€¦ Wearing the Dexcom G4 managed to get 26 daysā€¦ no irritation of any kind, as stated by many the accuracy was through the roof. The only reason it came off was I was having a sick day (sulfur burps, nausea, excessive sweating) which was the nail in the coffin for itā€¦ since I was sick I didnā€™t put another one right away but noticed no mark where the wire went in etc. I put it in right where I removed it from a day later no issues pain etcā€¦ A win winā€¦ On another note if there are any Type 1 or 2ā€™s that have had the sulfur burps, nausea, excessive sweating sometimes vomiting and diarrhea please let me know what in gods name itā€™s from. Happens here and there and have been tested for IBS, gastroparesis,and just about everything under the sunā€¦ Itā€™s time to turn to other diabetics and see what they say.

Tom
T1 diagnosed 1984
Dexcom G4 CGM |

My previous record was 27 (see above), since then Iā€™ve got 34 days out of a sensor. I love seeing how long it will go!!!

My record is 23 days. Most of my sensors die (Sensor Failed alarm or hours of ???s) at around 16-18 days. I do have to re-tape it every few days to keep it secure.

what are you taping it with that you have to keep retaping?

Nice. My personal record still stands at 31 days. I had one recently that probably would have beaten it, but I was going into a period that would have been inconvenient for a sensor change, so I called it quits.

Keep you quantity up, even if they are lasting longer than the recommended 7 days. and remember,
Dexcom will replace any failed sensors if they bumm out before the full 7 days.

HypaFix, I helieve its called. Itā€™s not the best, but it doesnā€™t cause me horrible irritation (like Tegaderm and Skin Tac do), and I bought a giant roll of it, so Iā€™ll use ithat up before trying something else.

Iā€™m traveling in New Zealand right now and had a sensor bandage start to come loose on day 8. I went to the chemist (pharmacy) and found this product. Itā€™s a white thin fabric bandage. I was able to cut a transmitter size hole in it and fix it around the edges of the sensor bandage. The name is unfamiliar to me and I wonder if itā€™s something new or something that we have in North America, just under a different name. Hereā€™s a photo of the box:

Iā€™m told that the inline competitive skaters here carry this with them and use it to apply directly over ā€œgrazesā€ or skin abrasions. They say it sticks well and moves well with their skating motions.

I find that I can restart it once and after 1-4 days the results start to become erratic with some skips in time with the ?? thing. When it starts to go amuck, I switch. In the past I had gone as long as 3 weeks but not recently.
Jeff

my record is lousy. Just 19 days. Usually I get 11 or 12 days.