What's considered " Hyper"?

That’s all about cya. I mean 6.2 is pretty decent. I’ve had docs tell me I should aim for 7.0

My current endo is happy that I’m mid 5 s now but I still get questioned by nurses and other docs who tell me it’s too low and it means I’m going hypo.

I whole-heartedly agree but I’ve had to remind more than one practitioner of this concept. The down-side of standards of practice is that it can relieve the clinician of the responsibility s/he has to treat the unique patient who is in front of them and simply assess that patient according to standards. That’s lazy and irresponsible from my perspective.

If it weren’t for the voluminous glucose data I share with my clinician, I’m sure he would be alarmed by my normal A1c (<5.7%) and giving me advice to back off on my control efforts. Even with all the data, I can see my practitioner struggle to withhold warnings based on an A1c alone. I’m sure I would also be struggling with my performance if I were in his shoes!

1 Like

That’s why it’s nice the dexcom or tandem data is available to them. My endo always reviews at my appts and has given me good suggestions on things I missed, or to change on my pump settings. But I decide what to actually change.

I know one thing it’s not good for is the eyes. Retina doesn’t like that pressure change.