What's the first thing that you look for on a nutrition label?

Nutrition labels are confusing. What confuses you about the food label? What is the first thing that you search for? If you look at calories for example, is there a limit to what you will eat or buy? do you find yourself placing a food back on a shelf because of too many calories? too much fat? too many carbohydrates? What would your ideal nutrition food label looks like?

Sodium. I am extremely sensitive to salt and also take meds for hypertension. When I started limiting my salt intake several years ago, I was shocked a the amounts of “hidden” sodium" in seemingly innocent foods.
Then, of course, carbs and calories. If it’s something I really want to eat, high car/calorie foods can be portion-adjusted to fit into your plan. Just eat less of it!
No…I am not perfect…

I don’t believe these Nutrition Labels are at all accurate but they’re better than nothing, I suppose.

I look at the carb amount first, then the serving size/amount. Then the calories and sodium.

First think I look for is how many carbs.

First carbs, then fat, then calories–but mostly the carbs!

Im not sure if those things are that accurate LOL …I just give them the benefit of the doubt…The things I usually look for are carb and sugar content, then calories, fat and sodium content. I sometimes also note certain chemicals like MSG, preservatives and artificial colorings (if any).

I look at the fiber content in certain foods …makes a different to me, if above 5 gm …: less insulin …we have had here in my community , dietitians who set up tours in Safeway and give guide lines , how to read lables .I am sure , this is done in other communities as well ( Save-On Foods ??) . I prefer to buy tomato sauce without added sugar .And 0 transfat ( as in my fav. cookies )

I look at carbs then serving size. if it’s above 40 on a boxed thing then yes I put it back down. I don’t get regular drinks period, unless it’s martinelli’s for new years.

First I look at carbs…then fibre…next comes portion size, and finally…sodium count. I find that if the carbs are low, often the sodium count will be high…and vice versa (in the name of flavour).

First, look at the serving size of the product since serving sizes vary from one brand to the other. Take a look at cereals: A serving could be 1/2, 2/3 por 1 cup. Then, you need to calculate how many servings you are going to eat. So if a serving of cereal is 1/2 cup and has 20g of carbohydrates, but you eat 11/2 cups, then you will be consuming 60g of carbohydrate. For those of you who look for sodium, do you know what your daily sodium allowance should be? And did you know that there is another way to lower blood pressure in addition to lowering sodium? I will provide you with the formula.