White House issues executive orders taking aim at drug prices

hope you are better now… those scare the **** (insert preferred adjective here) out of me!!

I see. That makes it very clear. Good explanation. Thanks, El_Ver.

You can see the event unfold. I was still making some sense on the forum, it seems. But, I was started to get confused by your medical pricing strategy. I guarantee I was a lot lower than 74.

What I don’t get is this - how likely is it that the Feds are really gonna take aim at pharma when those are the same companies researching/producing a vaccine. I just don’t see it happening.

Like, the Feds might have been putting heat on them before, but now? Is it even possible or is all that just water under the bridge while we look for a vaccine. Pharma has a strong hand now.

Pharma and Big Med pay out many many millions in lobbying $$ to the very same lawmakers and presidents that claim they are gonna clean this nonsense up. Seeing is believing, the rest is just noise to keep the masses from revolting

1 Like

I just ask myself how much real work went on related to the price of meds during the past 3 1/2 years? Virtually nothing …

Now, less than 60 days before the election … in the midst of a pandemic, the greatest economic downturn since the Great Depression, and racial tension like we haven’t seen since the sixties … and we are going to fix drug prices?

Come on …

Stay safe!

John

1 Like

I just think we are gonna have a really hard time right now going after pharma when all the companies that we call out are researching/developing the flu virus.

I just happen to be listening to this podcast now on the topic. I don’t know if its a good podcast yet. Just started it…

This stuff happens on a State level before a Federal level. The States are the testing lab (I think) where we see how a variety of solutions play out. I think its too soon to say for sure what the result of all the State legislation has been.

I had a customer the other stop & talk to me after he saw my Dexcom & infusion set on my arms. He actually asked if I was thrilled about insulin costing pennies now, less than water. I looked at him like he was nuts! I said the insulin I am getting is still like liquid gold. I have seen nothing change in any of my pricing. And until the middle men are removed from insurance companies, we will continue to pay these huge prices. And these are the same middle men who make the insulin changes to my insurance coverages every few years. I bounce back and forth between Novolog and Humalog every few years. When are we going to figure this out?

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s an unsolvable problem. I think it’s gone on long enough that it’s probably something no one in power/with power really wants to solve.

My insurance is really good and I don’t have to pay for my insulin but I did look at this new site.

They do a really good job making it easy to see what if any assistance in price you can get for all the major insulins. I think many people would be surprised they could be paying less if they used one of the discount programs they qualify for.

2 Likes

I love the programs that are available to people who struggle to pay for their insulin. Unfortunately these programs are not available to those who have “good”? insurance coverage. I have “good” coverage but I pay $150 every 3 months and everything I use is covered but everything is a battle. I battle with test strip coverage, which ketone strips I can use, which insulin is covered this year. Everything is a battle. Nothing is ever easy.
And these programs for those who need them are unfortunately super necessary because so many don’t have coverage. Just very frustrating that everyone can’t have health coverage needed to live a happy, healthy life.

1 Like

Some of them are. I use the $99 “cash” program to get novolog, since my insurance only covers humalog. But that will end at year-end.

When you put it like that, it does seem pretty crazy…