Why Low BG Causes Sweating

My friend and I are wondering why we sweat when we go low, that is, what is the process happening. Anyone know?

when i go low , i start feeling discomfort at 60, and start sweating at 40… what y we sweat , i never tried to know
7136-Sunset.jpg (69.5 KB)

Good question Kevin.

I hope this explains it a bit for you.

"The symptoms of hypoglycemia rarely develop until the level of sugar in the blood falls below 60 milligrams per deciliter of blood. Some people develop symptoms at slightly higher levels, especially when blood sugar levels fall quickly, and some do not develop symptoms until the sugar levels in their blood are much lower.

The body first responds to a fall in the level of sugar in the blood by releasing epinephrine from the adrenal glands. Epinephrine stimulates the release of sugar from body stores but also causes symptoms similar to those of an anxiety attack: sweating, nervousness, shaking, faintness, palpitations, and hunger. More severe hypoglycemia reduces the sugar supply to the brain, causing dizziness, fatigue, weakness, headaches, inability to concentrate, confusion, inappropriate behavior that can be mistaken for drunkenness, slurred speech, blurred vision, seizures, and coma. Severe and prolonged hypoglycemia may permanently damage the brain. Symptoms can begin slowly or suddenly, progressing from mild discomfort to severe confusion or panic within minutes. Sometimes, people who have had diabetes for many years (especially if tightly controlled) are no longer able to sense the early symptoms of hypoglycemia, and faintness or even coma may develop without any other warning."

Great question Kevin, I always wondered about that,

Great answer terri :oD

Well, I learned something new today. I always wondered that, but never bothered checking on it.

Hello Terrie:

The question THEN BECOMES why does Epinepherine not raise our bloodsugar as it always does otherwise in all other situations?

Stuart

Yes, so sweating indicates that your BG is starting its journey upward!