Working outside

The smell of bacon attracts the ladies? DOH!
I ment if he works out and gets all firmed up with those wash board abs… Who knows, maybe Ken already has those! But just sayin when he is in Walmart he can walk up to a fine looking specimine (like yourself Domo) and ask her out knowin he has been workin hard all summer, buildin those muscles, keepin in shape… She is bound to say yes! Plus he will have the confidence… thats the key right there, he will know that she wont be able to resist his rippling muscles and she will be attracted mostly to his self confidence… And then they will live happily ever after…

Hey, don’t forget the golden tan!

no girl can resist skittles either! Very good idea to carry those around anyway :wink:

Best. job. ever. I can’t wait to start this Monday. I’ll be so loaded I won’t know what to spend my money on (besides that thing I need to live, you know, the JOOSE). Thanks for all the awesome advice! You guys are the best.

Tell us how it goes!

Get one of these:

i need one for my house!

Maybe they’ll be so impressed with how good their grave looks that they will just say “Wow, thanks!” and go back under.

Good for you to get a job for the summer, great stuff, Like Gerri I spend every good day in the garden, all days are different, but I often go low. Don’t forget to wear some kind of hat, I get confused as to whether I’m going low or if its just too much sun. Don’t work too hard :slight_smile:

Debb, we used to sit in the graveyard when we were teenagers, we didn’t sit very long, not cause we were scared, it was usually because we were absolutely freezing. Graveyards are such beautiful places, some of the old headstones are works of art, here we have a lot of them wrote in the ancient irish language, it’s fascinating.

Yes…I love to go and look at the headstones as well…very interesting.

First day went about as I expected it to. I had a few lows, but thank god my dad was able to bring me more g-tabs when I ran out. I tested about 15 times in about 8.5 hours, maybe once every 30-45 minutes. I was paranoid about going low too fast, so I guess I may have used more strips and tabs than I needed to. I currently take 17 units of lantus at night and my novolog carb ratio is 1:17. I was thinking of cutting back to about 15 units of Lantus and upping my ratio to 1:18 or 1:19. Would this be a good idea?

Yeah if you’re gonna be more active you probably could afford to cut back, you are doing really well on the testing. 2 Units at a time should do the job.

Also keep in mind with the humalog where you are injecting! If you are injecting in your arm and then digging,etc you are going to make the insulin absorb very fast…same it you inject in thigh and then use them alot. Humalog is absorbed slower in hip area and your booty area! good luck

hip area, i’ve never shot there. Just my stomache, arm, and outside of my thighs. No thanks for the butt

Domo, my mom used to inject in the side/back hip area. I injected the same area for awhile. Now I only inject in my stomach…very low area Levemir shots an high area humalog.

I almost always do the shots in my stomach. My new carb ratio of 1:20 works wonders, but now I actually get some highs while working. It’s no real issue though, since I’m active anyway. The highest measurement was today (172). I’m still going through strips faster than I would like, but I guess it’s necessary to make sure nothing happens.

Glad it is working out for you.!

When I do serious exercise, I go high. It’s the liver dumping glucose in response to the stress of exertion. Perhaps this may be what you’re experiencing, since your new job is strenuous. Have you had lows after the highs? That’s what typically happens with a real work out. Your body may adjust to the new level of activity because it’s consistent activity, or you may need to add a bit more insulin to compensate.

You drinking enough water?

Yep, keep testing.

Hope you’re enjoying your job!

I think the high may have been caused by taking too many glucose tabs. since it was at 87 an hour or two after. I keep having lows in the morning though, even if my sugar’s over 140 before bed, so I’m kind of confused why this keeps happening.