Worst symptoms/experience low

there was one time, while sleeping at my ex boyfriends, we were still both half asleep after a night of drinking and i woke up talking complete crap. Like absolute jibberish that doesn't even make sense.
He noticed straight away that i needed sugar, which was amazing of him because he didn't know much about my condition and how one acts when they have a low. but he was right on point.

I've also had a couple of times when i've woken up naked (its the only way to sleep)and i'm in the midst of a hypo where i can't move properly. thats how they find me, trying to eat chocolate spread with my fingers, legs sprawled out, feeling like a jellybaby, trying to use their limbs for the first time and naked.

i get that too!! even more flirtatious and witty!! its not all bad huh!

oh gosh that sounds terrible! i hope he has recovered, and i hope you are okay, that must have been traumatizing!

i never knew you can puke when you have a low. I thought that was reserved for ketones?

Don't you all love hypo unawareness? I am in year 41 as a T1 and the worst I can remember was 3 years ago, not paying attention to the BG as much as I should have been as I was out playing with my kids, spaced out after sitting down and literally lost all muscle control. Attempted to stand up, couldn't. Almost like uncontrolled muscle twitching. Fortunately my wife found me and a million glucose tabs later, I was back. Finger stick was 28. I can walk and talk fairly well in the 60's but once we get under 40 things get ugly. Doing a better job now avoiding that.

My worst low was a 44, which was a rebound from a high of 417 which I now know I took WAAAAY too much rapid-acting insulin for. This was back when I was a relatively new diabetic, and I wasn't fully aware of the dangers of insulin. I was also honeymooning heavily, and I could get away with eating bowls of sugary cereal ^_^

I was at school, in my third period chemistry class. The teacher, who was also the cheerleading coach, was away on a competition or something and so it was just me and my 8 classmates. I got up from my desk and walked over to a computer to check my email, bored and as I was looking at the screen, it just hit me, full-force. It was like the whole world swayed, darkened, went underwater and spun. I tried to get up and almost fell straight forward. Somehow, I managed to get to my bag and my meter and check and I was shocked to see it was a 44. I told my friend that I needed to get to the clinic immediately, thank goodness I was coherent. I hadn't explained to them how to work a glucagon kit. So they got a hall monitor who told me to go down to the clinic. I explained to him that I could NOT go down by myself. Eventually, I got down there and was able to bring my blood sugar back up, but it was nonetheless the scariest low of my life. And the only one I thought I was going to pass out from XD

Two words: NEVER. AGAIN. :D

I just experienced a major low a few nights ago while on a first date :confused: I can usually feel it before it gets too bad, but this time it hit me way too fast…sweaty, hot, pale, tired, confused, heart pounding…didn’t pass out (thank goodness) but did manage to tell my date I didn’t feel well and needed to go??? I remember being in my car and eating glucose tabs like crazy…drove home still confused (took the long way - not on purpose). My date texted me the next morning to see if I was ok…haven’t heard from him since and seriously doubt I ever will :confused:

Hi Melanie. Sorry about your low and about your date. Can I make a suggestion? I would sit it out in your car or wherever until your blood sugar comes up enough to be safe to drive. It's not worth getting into an accident!

Hi Zoe…absolutely…I did wait until it came up…I wouldn’t ever think about driving while low - scary. I think the confusion lasted due to me being consumed with emotions all diabetes/dating related :confused:

Oh, good. Yes, I can imagine how painful that could be. I am always in awe of younger Type 1's who deal with careers, families, dating, hormones, etc. I was lucky enough not to be diagnosed till I was 58. Why don't we just go ahead and assume he was a total loser (who hid it well) and you were saved from a lot of suffering!

Lol - total loser for sure…is there any other kind?? I’m hopeful!!!
Unfortunately I’m not a younger type 1 - been diabetic for 30 years now…divorced with 3 young sons - crazy busy life…

Younger than me! And living a crazy busy life, unlike me! That's where the awe part comes in. I was diagnosed a month before I retired and now just work part time (only child of the feline variety!)

This is going to be hard to believe but it happened. Quite a few years ago, '92-'94, before I had a pump and before everyone had a cell phone, I was working in a hospital on the east side of Washington DC. Picture the 495 beltway around DC as a clock. After work, I got on the beltway at the 3 o'clock position and headed north to Silver Spring MD, at 12 on the clock. Somewhere, I went fuzzy and the next thing I recall is that I thought my car bumped one of those big orange barrels but wasn't sure (it did, the right side mirror was hanging by a wire). The second thing I remember is that I was driving through a very low income area of a city and had no idea where I was. I felt around in the car and found 2 grubby lifesavers and chewed them. (That was then, remember. I do carry stuff now.) My liver was still working then I guess, with glycogen help. Anyway, I had no phone, was in a strange land, and wondered what was going on.
By some miracle, a few minutes later, I drove right into the main entrance to the Univ Of Maryland Medical Center. I did not even know what hospital it was initially; I just parked the car right in front, illegally I am sure, and went in to the info desk. I somehow asked them for a place to get "sugar." They just pointed down a hall to a snack room. It seemed like a long hall. Fortunately, again a miracle, I had a habit of keeping change in my pocket and had enough to get a 'real' Coke.
For those familiar with DC, I do not know to this day whether I took the 295 exit off the beltway or I-95. I have no idea how I drove to Baltimore and got off where I did and ended up at a medical center. I must have driven reasonably well or a cop would have stopped me.

Anyway, I finally was alert enough to call my housemate, from a pay phone, who was worried sick by that time, and to ask her how to get home. I am navigationally challenged. I finished the Coke and just went back out to the car and somehow drove home. The only damage to my car was the right rear view mirror, which still hung by its one wire all the way home. I was in no condition to look at it till I got home. My blood glucose was back up OK but all T1Ds know that you feel bad after a bad low.
And I can relate to the shivering and cold after a low as I have had that many times. I could tell other weird stories but that was the most dramatic.