XDrip+ G6 Transmitter Battery Reports

Hi… Hope this isn’t a duplicate topic…

I renewed my transmitter at 106 days using the easy-to-follow instructions on this wonderful YouTube Video…

I run XDrip+ (latest non-test release version) exclusively (I don’t use the Dexcom receiver or Dexcom application – Just XDrip+) on my 3 year old Samsung Galaxy S7 Android Smartphone from Verizon. I use the “Buggy Samsung” setting turned “On” on XDrip+…

My transmitter was actually put into service about 110 days ago, but XDrip+ and the Dexcom receiver “say” that it was put into service 3 days ago since that’s when I “renewed” it…

The XDrip+ application, on the System Status screen, says that my “Voltage A” = 300, “Voltage B” = 274 and “Resistance” is 1585 indicating that the transmitter battery is about to “wear out”…

My G6 sensor is 21 days old and still running fine.

My question for the experts…
When the G6 sensor does indeed wear out, should I replace the transmitter when I put the new sensor in?

As far as I know, there’s no way to replace a transmitter on a still-functioning G6 sensor since you have to break the sensor in order to get the old worn-out transmitter module out. Is there any way to install a new transmitter on a still-functioning sensor that’s attached to your body???

Is my transmitter with 300/274/1585 about dead or will it survive another sensor with a lifetime of 15 to 22 days? XDrip has the “Voltage B = 274” and “Resistance = 1585” reading in the red-zone which I guess indicates that the battery is about dead…

Thanks for your patience and expertise in answering this query…

2 Likes

You can use the test strip trick to remove the transmitter without damaging the sensor.

3 Likes

Yes! Check out the video in this thread, showing use of Bg strip to release the transmitter

If you are using xDrip only, no app or receiver, then no need to reset the transmitter days. xDrip keeps going…

2 Likes

This is from the Spike Facebook group a while back and I suspect the voltage ranges are the same as xDrip. Miguel Kennedy is the guy who does most of the development work for Spike, so he is an “expert.” I would say that your transmitter is close to dying.

1 Like

Thanks “Hammer” and “MM1” for the link showing how to remove the G6 transmitter from a still-attached-to-your-body G6 sensor! (Here’s the link to the YouTube video):

The method for removing the G6 transmitter using a test strip in the “Our Dexcom G6 Experiences” link worked perfectly using a Walmart ReliOn test strip. I was able to take out the transmitter, clean it off, and reinstall it in the same sensor without ruining the sensor! Thanks again for the link…

3 Likes