Yes or No: cured in your lifetime?

Simple word (unless someone can show me how to do a poll here) (:::Z

Yes or No… do you BELIEVE there will be a cure within your lifetime?!!? I’ll start.

NO

Too much money in keeping us diabetics… maintianing us…
Stuart

i want to let you know that i have asked to be removed from this site...i didn't realize that giving personal testimony was so dangerous.. i wish you all the best health..and a happy life..i apologize for my response to your using a LOL to describe how you viewed what i was trying to say...i felt threatened and didn't respond well..i only want the best for you... again..remember to test..test..test your blood sugars and live a long and healthy life... good bye for now.. robb

hello.. i want to apologize for upsetting you..i just found out after 46 years of type 1 insulin dependance that my C-Peptide revealed that i am producing a very small amount of insulin.. not all type 1 do...again i stress testing often and adjusting as you always do...
i have asked to be removed from this site... didn't realize the hate mail that i would receive from people after giving my testimonial...i only wish you all the success that i have gotten from this..remember to test... robb

with respect to you... please post the link to the revocation of dr cousens license... i have looked and looked but cannot find it anywhere... i would like to learn from what you know... i would like to read about it.. thank you robb

robd your description of how HFCS is made "you take corn and heat it very hot then press the juice out to create high fructose corn syrup" is incorrect.

From Wikipedia:
"High-fructose corn syrup is produced by milling corn to produce corn starch, then processing that starch to yield corn syrup, which is almost entirely glucose, and then adding enzymes that change some of the glucose into fructose. The resulting syrup (after enzyme conversion) contains approximately 42% fructose and is HFCS 42. Some of the 42% fructose is then purified to 90% fructose, HFCS 90. To make HFCS 55, the HFCS 90 is mixed with HFCS 42 in the appropriate ratios to form the desired HFCS 55. The enzyme process that changes the 100% glucose corn syrup into HFCS 42 is as follows:

Cornstarch is treated with alpha-amylase to produce shorter chains of sugars called oligosaccharides.
Glucoamylase - which is produced by Aspergillus, species of mold, in a fermentation vat — breaks the sugar chains down even further to yield the simple sugar glucose.
Xylose isomerase (aka glucose isomerase) converts glucose to a mixture of about 42% fructose and 50–52% glucose with some other sugars mixed in."

The glycemic index decreases because the starch in the corn is converted to simple sugars with the use of heat and various enzymes.

thank you.. i stand corrected..
that is how sugar is extracted and crystallized from sugar beats...they are cut into cutlets.. heated very high temp.. pressed and the liquid is crystallized into table sugar... sorry... got the two confused... this is done in nampa idaho at the sugar beat factory... my dad was the director... i took the tour.. sorry for the confusion and thank you for the information...

Judith -- I know right? Sounds like he is almost peddling the videos and gets some kind of $$ from it. My original replies I tried to be nice, but after the conspiracies about all of us here must work for the pharma companies, I just gave up. I agree with Abyssinian and it's what I was trying to say (but he said much better!) when I said what Robd was claiming was unrealistic at least and dangerous at most. Moving on!

No.

The perspective gained from those who'v had it for as long as some of us give great gravity and testiment to the fact that almost nothing has changed in the 27 years I've had it, whereas those who are a little newer on the scene may still feel that hope I once did, where technology seems to be eeking from every crack and a 'cure' is spoken of in such convincing tones.

Those convincing tones develop cracks around the edges the more you hear them. I'm still hearing of things about to happen and release that I first heard of 20 years ago.
How depressing is it to have someone tell you about some newspaper article or other that claimed to have a breakthrough mentioned, only to yet again hear that it's the same one you heard of from your Mum when you were 12.

The few major changes have been fairly insignificant compared to the medical companies gains. FDA approval times combined with the cash cow they have in us...I just don't see it happening (and I mean this in regard to every minor improvement) until it's literally pulled from their fingers every step of the way.

I really wish it wasn't this way.

I just don't feel that hope any more. I grab the slight benefits from developments as they arrive, but I'm starting to get older now, and I obviously can't keep on waiting forever before I'm no longer healthy enough to enjoy those benefits any more.

Sorry to sound like such a wet blanket.

No.

Second time I have answered the main focus of this thread.: I still have hope for a cure. I am an eternal optimist, anD though I do not advocate that every diabetic follow Robd's advice: He is not saying to forego insulin AT ALL. I am sure he means no harm to anyone here, just excited about what the raw vegan diet apparently does for him...He had the very serious complication of gastroparesis and an a1c of over 9!.. No wonder he is amazed at his recovery to more normal functioning.

However,Every one's diabetes will vary in terms of their response to insulin dosages and carb intake, dependant on many, many variables. Test and adjust to see what works for you is what he seems to be saying. I personally would not advocate that anyone with less than 3 years of diabetes management under their belt without understanding of diabetes treatment paradigms; to try anything this controversial. Those with such experience and knowledge MAY WANT TO try it with the awareness of your doctor and team.
I may try it for a week or so, maybe. I have a CGM,a pump, can test frequently, and am not hypounaware. I also am retired and have the time to make foods from scratch( though I honestly cannot imagine doing it for everything I eat!!! No raw-vegan restaurants in this midwest town -Columbus, Ohio.) So enough from me on the raw-vegan point .

I do believe that type one diabetes will be cured in my lifetime. As many of you know, I donate blood to the Faustman Lab at Massachusetts General Hopsptial in Boston regularly.. I believe her research with BCG will form the cornerstone of that cure. I really do. Nuff said.
Everybody have a marvelous day!! "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!"

God Bless,
Brunetta

Type One 43 years

Yes!!

Unfortunately, although it would be great if a raw diet helped with something similar to a cure, we all know that we need the real thing, something we can rely on and feel confident that it really is a cure. Long-term, stable, and without further risks. A Practical Cure, as we like to call it at the JDCA.

Hi Brunetta,

I think I've given Dr. Faustman about 3-4 gallons of my blood. I'm curious - do you know what the protocol is for the trial?

When I enrolled in the trial, I lived about 30 miles west of Boston, so it wasn't any big deal to go to her lab. But, I've since moved back home to Colorado, and it's a fairly big burden financially to go back there.

When I went last fall, I kind of expected to get a shot - either the BCG or a placebo - but Nick just drew blood - yet again!

So, I guess my question to you is: Do you know how many shots we'll need to take? And, how far apart will they be spaced? If I have to go back every 6 weeks or so, I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out of the trial - it's just not feasible for me money-wise. That will break my heart, because I have so much time, energy and expense wrapped up in the trial.

I think I was one of the first patients to enroll in the phase II part of the trial. When I first met Dr. Faustman, she was just breaking Nick in, and she spent a lot of time with me - mostly teaching Nick how to interview, I think. Nick's a great guy - when I went last October, he explained they were looking for certain markers on the 2A protein.

I've done a lot of research on that, and I remain baffled.

I have another appt. this coming Oct., but I'm really afraid I'm not going to be able to go.....waaahhh.....

Having said all this, I'm still skeptical that the trial will really work. I sure do want to continue in it, tho. I don't mind being a guinea pig for something that - while a longshot - it's still worth a shot.

Tom

Tom, we can befriend each other we can talk about this in a private message. Love to talk to you about Dr. Faustman's research.

God bless,
Brunettsa

Just checked in again . Diabetic for 36 years about . When i became diabetic pumps were enoromus in comparsion and there were no home blood moitoring devices.Now my pump weighs very little it communicats with a sensor for my blood sugars,ok kind of works but that is pretty big change. To me the cure is you either never develop it or some how it is reversed. Still my hope and prayer is that it happens .

I believe YES there will be a cure in my lifetime & I can not wait for my son, and everybody's child, live free.

YES!

Much much more money in a cure and preventive vaccine.
Yes - it's probably the only solution to reducing health costs in government

and yes would you rather be a company selling test strips to people with Type 1 or selling a vaccine to everyone worldwide!

I am interested in how you did this with gastroparesis. I am a vegetarian and had been trying to go vegan when I found out I had gastroparesis. I was hoping more fresh vegetables would make me feel better but it wasn't working and when the gastroparesis was diagnosed I was told to avoid those types of food all together. If there is a way for me to be able to eat a plant based diet, I would like to try but I have not found anyone that recommends it with gastroparesis. How were you able to make this work? Let me know. Thanks.

Definitely no.