You KNOW you are getting old when

You know you’re getting old when your grandchildren call and want you to babysit.

When your see photos of your “not so little anymore” cousins on facebook going to College. Yes, the same ones what you went to visit in the hospital the day they were born.

… when you look at all the safety equipment kids have today and you wonder how the heck you survived. And then you think more about that and realize Darwin was probably right

… when you realize that experience and treachery will win out over youth and exuberance 9 times out of 10

… when you are glad to be out of breath because it means you are still breathing

You got me with that last one. I’m “old.”

Also:

When the musicians of your youth are about to go on social security.
When their kids are in the gossip columns almost as much as they are (Paul McCartney, Keith Richards, etc.)

Your old when you used Clinitest tablets but didn’t remember that name.

LOL These are great. I see such ignorance in the real world, it amazes me.

Clinitest, Geese, that is a flash back

Rick

My old high school biology teacher (from 1978) now teaches at my daughter’s school. In a couple of years, my daughter will have her for her own science class. If it is any consolation, I wonder how old my old science teacher will feel teaching a second generation.

Here’s a good one…

When you remember being excited to get an 8-track stereo for Christmas!

When you were thrilled to get that new fangled electronic calculator

… when you think a digital watch is a pretty cool idea

ha ha! Mine was a bright pink peace sign! and I did have a hope chest. But the car wasn’t a 65 mustang… it was a 64 STUDEBAKER!! lol lol lol :faint:

I swear that car was bullet-proof… my sister side swiped the neighbors Rambler… not a scratch on the Studebaker… the Rambler didn’t fare so well… looked like crumpled up aluminium

That makes me feel a lot better–thanks!

My endo told me that diabetics have impaired short term memory. So, now I’m using that as an excuse instead of being old & forgetful.

Rick, you’re a man after my heart! Lots of hot 50 year old brunettes.

I had a 65 Mustang convertible! Best car ever. Wish I had kept it.

Know you’re old when you remember gas being $.32/gallon & you drove 5 miles to get it cheaper at $.29 & got a free tacky glass with it & someone pumped the gas for you & checked under the hood.

Know you’re old & feel old, when your husband spends all day with 18-23 year old college students in Victoria Secret push-up bras (hey, are they even called push-up bras?) & navel rings & you don’t worry. And when you met the parents of these starlets, you realize you’re older than their parents.

Heh... you know you are getting old when THESE seem sexy to you.....

oh man… I could only wish gas was 32cents a gallon again. LOL … In Oregon they still pump it for you … but good luck getting your oil checked and windshield washed. LOL ( I miss that)

I forgot all about how they’d clean your windshield, too! See, more forgetfulness.

NJ has the same thing about no self-service gas pumping, or they used to anyway.

Scott,you always make me laugh…

When some one offered me her seat in airport bus taking us to the aeroplane.I said God,do I look that old!!

My patients used to kiss me,now they kiss my head ( a custom in Arab countries to kiss your grandparents head)

Sylvia,
Soooooooooooooooooo funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy