"Your pancreas works, but OURS don't." or Diabetes is easier when you are not alone

Just wanted to share my latest blog entry about the importance of communities for those living with diabetes.

Diabetes is miss understood, even by medical professionals, I have a diatician who keeps saying that I am in insulin, when I am on Byetta.

Love the blog post! After doing this “on my own” for 13 years… I can’t believe I found everyone at TuDiabetes! Where have I been? Goodness!

The more I learn, the more I discover I do not know. it is “The Know It Alls” that scare me.

Before the invention of computers I knew what it was like to be alone. How happy I am to be a part of a Diabetes community…all hail technology!!!

Your blog post reminds me of my first summer at diabetes summer camp, back in 1981 at the innocent age of seven. A bunch of us campers were marching proudly across the grounds, chanting “We’ve got diabetes, and we’re not sharing!”

Although, unfortunately I have to say that I kind of am going a this alone. Sure I have plenty of support of my non-diabetic family, and there’s my doctor and his team, but no real-life (not online) friends who are going through the same thing as me. Well, I suppose this is a start.