1 Month Using The Pod

I have been reading and learning since starting on insulin on November 29, 2010, I then started using the Pod on March 15th. I was lucky!! My insurance approved the Pod on the 1st try.
It has been a wonderful experience!!
No more multiple injections. I have had no failures to date. I have only knocked off 1 Pod and that was the very 1st day. I use fabric surgical tape and “skin tac” to make certain it stays attached. I go to the gym 5 to 6 days a weeks and workouts are usually 1 1/2 hrs. I work outdoors and temps here in South Texas have already hit the 100 degree mark.
My average bg is 88 since starting on the Pod.
I have 3 different basal programs for working shift work. And 2 temp basals for my workouts. It was so very easy to figure out.
I also extend every bolus for my meals at least by 1/2 hr.
My only difficulty has been with the Co-Pilot/OmniPod software. It has downloaded but while picking up the info from my PDM, there is always an error and it stops. Any suggestions?
Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that you have been a great help with my success.
AND I am a huge fan of the POD. It is wonderful!!
Marty

Hey Marty…Welcome to Podding! Sounds like your doing great, as for the Co-pilot software I do use that also. I’ve been using it for about a year and did have some issues getting it to work at first but now it is fine. Unfortunately I do not recall what I had to do but I think I re-installed it again. I think there is a certain sequence which reminds me that you do have to install a plug for co-pilot to read the pdm. Are you using Windows, what version. You may want to search around here a bit also as I have read other posts and there are plenty of others using co-pilot and also smarter on computers that I am. If I find anything I push it your way…Good Luck! ~Schmutz

Marty…Here’s a link for some info. You may have read already but if not it might be of help http://www.myomnipod.com/customer-care/download-software/CoPilot/

Thanks for the help. I did something that guys just don’t think to do: I read the instructions. I couldn’t believe it. It worked. In fact, worked like a charm.
Just returned from a bbq. It was nice. We grazed and ate and then grazed some more. I gave only 5% in the beginning and the remainder over 3.5 hrs. It worked. Was at 98 when all was said and done. It won’t go much lower.
marty

Awesome to hear that you are doing so well. Keep it up!!