5:2 diet, have you heard of it?

Study: 5:2 diet as effective at controlling diabetes as monitoring daily caloric intake

July 23 (UPI) – Type 2 diabetes patients are just as likely to control their blood glucose levels and lose weight by following a rigid diet twice a week as they are on a calorie-restricted one every day.

Researchers at the University of South Australia studied the effects of the so-called 5:2 diet for controlling the disease. The study, which researchers say is the first long-term clinical trial comparing the diets of people with type 2 diabetes, was published Monday in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

The researchers found consuming 500 to 600 calories two non-consecutive days and a normal diet for the other days resulted in weight loss and improved hemoglobin A1c.

Read MORE HERE: Study: 5:2 diet as effective at controlling diabetes as monitoring daily caloric intake - UPI.com

Yes, I have a very old cook book for the 5:2 diet.

1 Like

Nice, can you share the name, I have never heard of it.

Oh Mila! I shouldn’t have shot my mouth off, I had a 5:2 cookbook, I think I must have op shopped it many years ago. I bought it about 15 years ago. Amazon has some cookbooks on this subject https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cookbook-100-Recipes-Fasting/dp/1846014522

Maureen

1 Like