My daughter who was diagnosed 4 months ago T1 has gotten sick, our son got the flu and she might have it now. It is the first time she gets sick after the diagnosis and I am waiting to hear back from our endo but I am kind of desperate.
She has been high since Saturday night. Saturday night she hit 310, sunday was a bit better in the 200s and shes been like that since except for dropping into the 60s in one random moment after a bolus.
she had moderate ketones yesterday, we’ve given her plenty of water but shes “Stuck” in 250 since yesterday. We have almost doubled her bolus units and even that isn’t doing anything to bring her down.
any recommendations will be greatly appreciated, we are giving her tons of water but not sure if we should just give even more insulin until she comes down…I would rather deal with her being low and sucking on glucose gels a bit than the constant waiting for the BG to come down and nothing happening.