630g first infusionset change

Today I had to change my infusionset on the 630g pump. Do I have to rewind everytime I need to fill just the tubing? I change my cartridge every other setchange. What a pain. I am kind of sorry I gave up my animas pump. A set change that takes 5 minutes ending up taking 15 minutes!

Yes, but I only change the tubing when I refill a new reservoir now. I use the same tube for a week and don’t notice any problem.

1 Like

My husband who is very supportive of my diabetes care, suggested the same thing that made me realize that only the part that goes in your skin needs changing. What a relief😃! I guess a Medtronic pump might not be so bad. I haven’t started the cgm part of it yet, but I think I might come around after I have had it long enough.

1 Like

if the only change is the tubing you do not. take the reservoir out change the tube and put it back in the pump. I believe you can fill the tube by by going to fill the cannula under the new reservoir menu. This will advance the plunger and it will pick up exactly correctly. You must be disconnect to to do this of course.

In doing this however please knwo this is not recommended by Medtronic because of potential bacterial contamination. It is no different with any pump.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

What do you think so far??? I might be meeting a rep to get some luer lock Quickset samples. I may take a look at the 630 at that time. I’m having trouble finding Animas friendly sets that I can use.

Impressive

I think it’s ok. It’s a little more bulkier than my vibe. I 'm having issues more with the glucometer. The test strips seem to be about 2-3 mmol higher than the Freestyle Lite that I was using. My endo has me test at the same time as my bloodtest. The last bloodtest I had the meter was accurate. I go for training on the cgm part tommorrow. I will ask my diabetes educator about it… My control is not going well if those test strips are up to par.

1 Like

I have some short Quicksets that were given to me by a friend of a friend. I prefer the very long Quicksets, and if I fill the 3ml cartridge of my 640, it lasts 2.5 weeks.
So I change my cannula bit twice in that time, using a donated shorter set and discarding the short tubing.
I then attach the long set and do a cannula fill. Super quick and easy.
Disclaimer, I’ve been pumping for 20 years and have always been able to leave them much longer than recommended.

I spoke with my D educator. She has D and uses the same meter. She explained to me that the contour uses a different way to measure the blood sugar. It’s all good now, knowing the reason why it was so different. My a1c normally measures a little on the low side, so this meter will help rise it. I like the idea that you can add notes to bloodsugars that are unusually high or low.