670g low suspend if auto mode off?

If you turn off auto mode on the 670g, will you still retain the Suspend on Low? I’m frustrated with my Control IQ Tandem pump as if you turn off Control IQ, you lose the Suspend on Low feature (the old Basal IQ). And you can’t revert back to Basal IQ. Just curious if Medtronic retains the suspend on low with auto mode off.

If it’s off it’s off. On both systems

Off as in auto mode being off? I’m asking if with the 670, if you do not turn “on”
Auto mode, and the pump is in manual mode, does the pump have the “suspend on low feature” available or is that shut off too?

I had the early version. And when you turn off the auto mode it is all off. So you can’t split it.
It’s either all auto or all manual.
Unless you have firmware that only has the suspend and never had the control added.
Same deal with tandem.

Interesting. Did the 670 have a software update you did through the computer? What about the 630? Does that have low suspend or is that just a manual equivalent of like a 530g? (That was my last Medtronic pump, the 530 b4 switching to Tandem).

I only had the 670 a short time as a stop gap because my old revel pump failed.
I decided not to buy it. But only because of the sensor situation

Are you asking if the 670 will revert to manual with the suspend on low if it kicks you out of auto? No. Then the suspend is off until you turn it back on. I got tired of auto again and decided to go back to manual with the suspend before lows. It’s easy to just choose it again.

Suebca, is 100% correct.

however if you mean when you are in auto mode, do you have suspend on low. The answer is both yes and no. The easy answer, no auto suspend is not on when in auto mode.

But, yes, because if the sensor is operating then the pump will suspend at multiple levels but not at a fixed point. so for instance, i was walking today and my BS was 137, but falling rapidly.

My basal shut off and never notified me. When I got home and was watching football my blood sugar started back up and basal started again around 82. Again not at a predetermined level.

rick

I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.