670G vs. Tslim

Keep in mind that the Dexcom can only connect to one medical device at a time (i.e. receiver or pump) and one blue-tooth enabled device (i.e. phone, tablet, ipod). It can’t connect to the Dexcom receiver and the pump at the same time.

I must have a slow brain. It takes me 10 minutes to do a complete set change with my 722 pump. That includes removing and cleaning the old site.

Oh that’s so interesting. So I could pair it with the pump and my phone but not to the receiver as well.

Correct. This was a huge issue when the update to pair the X2/G5 went live. Tandem/Dexcom did not make this clear at first. It took members of this forum to figure out that you had to disconnect the Dexcom receiver from the transmitter before you could pair the X2.

1 Like

Read this thread on this forum…if you choose the 670G after reading this…I want to know your reasoning.

I have both the 670G and the Tandem X2. I mothballed the 670G after 4 months and paid for the Tandem out of pocket. Medtronic has it all wrong in the 670G.

Just read the thread above…

From the phone, the Dex cgm data can be transmitted to a watch so you can see your BG number without reaching for any device.

As well it can be relayed to another remote device (from the phone into the cloud down to the follower device) if you want another person to have access to your data in real time.

1 Like

The Dex transmitter only gives 1 option between the receiver and pump. It sounds like she uses the receiver primarily to check her levels and doesn’t want to have to hassle with the pump to see her BG. I think a smartwatch is the best option for that situation.

I’ve not used a 670. It have had 530 and X2. Cartridge change on X2 is not a big deal after you get into a routine. Small pump size is much nicer than any minimed. However, I switched to Omnipod and it is AWESOME! The satisfaction level is on par with going from syringes to tubed pump. Having 2 free hands all all times is great. I swim a lot, do saunas, and bike. I use skintac on the tape before applying and have never had a pod come off early. In 7 months I’ve only had 1 pod failure and they replace for free.

Glad I’m not alone…the 670G makes me want to go back to MDI

Exactly. Thanks for the watch idea.

Even on manual mode? If “yes”, why? I’m about to get one because tandem dropped the ball on getting me quick enough service now that my current pump is broken. Medtronic literally had a pump on it’s way to me in under 2 hours from my initial call that my pump (out of warranty) was broken.

Your uncanny ability to gather all the luck floating around the universe is mind blowingly perplexing.

Just because it’s so huge. And what do I need a gigantic pump for if I can’t even use it to its full capabilities?

If I was enjoying the system then I could overlook its size.

If you are looking for “slim” be sure you are aware that the case included with the t:slim X2 comes off. Apologies if that was obvious and you already did that.

With no case and just the “naked” X2, it slides really nice into and out of front jeans pockets.

@Tim35 I know your child is the one wearing the pump, have you tried to look for other cases to replace the POS Tandem is offering now? I hate the new case with a passion. The metal clip has put holes in some of my clothes when trying to get it on my waistline. I would take the first version of the Tandem case over the new design. I’ve even thought about having one 3d printed. Any suggestions?

The X2 is great.
The case … well … nuff said.

Try this one. $10 including shipping.
We give it a five star rating.

2 Likes

@Tim35 Awesome. Thanks so much! Yes, the X2 rocks.

1 Like

You being perplexed is perplexing to me. :slight_smile: But that’s ok. It’s like if you have to explain a joke, it’s not worth bothering with the explanation.

I’m envious to say the least. I’m the exact opposite of you. If any given situation I’m in has the slightest chance to go south, it’s guaranteed to go that direction and then be set on fire while flying off the cliff into the crocodile pit.

1 Like

I have all extremes of luck. Just ask my dad about the bad luck–so many times that I’d buy something, I’d have to return it due to defects. My parents never failed to mock me for that. But that’s a whole aspect of my life best left untold. When I have good luck, I’m surprised, pleased, and hope to have more!

1 Like