A Big Time Low

Ok, so on 9/26 i sat in the tv room, and started sweating a little and felt light headed, just sat and it went away, no problem. Then te children came to visit and we moved to the Front Porch and all sat to talk, when I began sweating a lot, and felt dizzy, so I simply said, I think i’ll lay down for a while. I felt dizzy, felt terrible, stomach upset, room spinning and very, very tired. a while later I opened my eyes, and everything was blurry grey, so I got up and went into the tv room and sat down. I checked my Dexcom 7 Plus and it showed 51 as the current BG, but I suspect if I had been capable of doing a finger stick it would have read in the low 40’s.

1. ate Apple crisp waited 15 minutes still 51 on Dexcom
  2. drank glass of Gatorade waited 15 minutes on 53
  3. drank another glass of Gatorade waited 15 minutes rose to 61
    during the next hour it continued rising until reaching 110 where it leveled off and stayed before dropping to 105 latter in the evening.

I sure don’t want that to happen again, Someone said I must have hit a vein when taking my meal bolus, I don’t know.

My wife said, she came into the bedroom once earlier to check on me, and I was asleep. I know I had to change my clothing, since what I had on was so wet from the sweating.

Yep hypos make you sweat for sure. I feel awful when I go low. I drop into the 30’s sometimes. My mom in law dropped to 16 and passed out and woke up in the hospital. She stayed a week and a half. It seems like when mine drops it does it really quick. I feel like someone just pulled the rug out from underneath me. I am glad that you are doing better though. Make sure if you ever suspect low blood sugar you check before you lay down though. That can be dangerous.