A first

I just got a button error error message on my MM 722, I was leaning against the arm of my chair and my pump started to beep, beep, beep.

Button Error is a first for me.

Geesh, now I cannot even remember if that is what the error message said.

I would love to collect error messages. They are so awful we need to make fun of them.

Pumping for almost 8 years, and never saw that message. I am sure they are posted somewhere on the internet.

found them, and had no idea

AUTO OFF
LOW BATTERY
LOW RESERVOIR
OFF NO POWER
EMPTY RESERVOIR
NO RESERVOIR
NO DELIVERY
MOTOR ERROR
BATT OUT LIMIT
MAX DELIVERY
BUTTON ERROR
CHECK SETTINGS
BOLUS STOPPED
FAILED BATT TEST
BOLUS STOPPED
IS PRIMING COMPLETE?
RESET
Exx or Axx

And how did you correct ?? I have been pumping since Aug. 2001 …obviously I am still learning !! ( MM 522 user )

On the MM site, it says this:
button error
Reason: This occurs if a button has been continually pressed for more than three minutes.

Doesn’t say how to correct but I can only guess the answer is to stop pressing the button! That list was good to find.
http://www.minimed.com/help/insulinpumps/#c5

It’s good that you heard it! I’ve had the error too but have also heard from others that it is one of those errors that if it goes uncorrected for a certain amount of time the pump goes into self-destruct mode (well, it just shuts down) and needs to be replaced.

Hi Karen,
I’m laughing at the thought of the pump basically saying “stop pressing me, darn it!”

Rather than an error message when I inadvertently press a button, usually I get beeps when I’m not expecting them, and it’s usually because I accidentally pressed the easy bolus button…but with that one, unless you press it again, it just beeps and doesn’t give you the easy bolus and just goes back to normal. I am finding that this new pump (the Revel) has a lot more beeps and warnings than the 522, and a few more safeguards when priming. Seems I’m always beeping now, for one thing or another!

Ruth

lordie

Glad I made you laugh.

I am just so amazed at how little I know about my pump after all these years, and how I am really not that interested. Just give me my insulin and quit beeping at inappropriate times. :slight_smile:

Amen to that! Sometimes I yell at it “Stop beeping at me, you idiot”…of course then everyone within hearing distance thinks I"M the idiot, talking to herself!

Ruth