A little bit about me

I was diagnosed with type 1 in 2002 not even a year after i graduated high school. i had surgery in feb 2002 and ended up with type 1 with in a month due to the complications of it. I have been on the pump since july of 2007. Before they put me on the pump they told me they where not sure if it would help me or not since i was classified as a brittle diabetic and I have not had much luck with any treatments. I am desperately trying to figure things out and find a good endo not having any luck. I am very glad i found tudiabeties this has been a life savor in helping me start to some what find things out and to know i am not the only one out their with the problems i am having. I am a mother of two. my daughter is 4.5 years old and was 8lbs 8oz and 21 1/4 inch she was diagnosed about a year ago with PDD a form of Autism, sensory integration, and a few other things. After a surgery that went very wrong i am very lucky to have her today if you want to know what it was and what happen feel free to ask. All i have to say is do not go to the U of M children. My son is 15 months old and was born at 32 weeks and was a big boy due to my diabetes being way out of control no matter what i did it just would work. he was 9lbs 12 oz and 22 inch long at 32 weeks he was diagnosed with hypotonia and motor oral disorder and they where very concerned about his heart had to do many test he was in the hospital for about 2 montsh.they told me he would never walk or talk and were not even sure if he would make it to one. he is walking now and he dose say some sounds. I work am an early childhood teacher and this makes it very hard for me to control my diabetes. I am trying everyday to figure out what i need to do.

I was diagnosed as a brittle diabetic as well. When I went on the MM 722 it changed for me. I have much better control and constant A1c’s in the 5’s now. Hang in there and with the proper training on the pump it will make a difference.

Rachel-

Welcome to Tudiabetes! Wow, You have been through a lot. You can get diabetes under control and we are here to help. IF you need anything please let us know. Nice to have you in the community.