A little history

In 1984 I had a quintuple bypass, and had no issues at all until I was diagnosed with Type 2 in 1996. was given glyburide, and it was ok for years, in 2004 added metformin which only made it worse, and in January 2005 started Lantus. In 2007, Byetta was added.In 2011 my Lantus was lowered and Novalog was added. My last 2 A1C's were 6.2 and 5.8.

Oops, forgot to mention the triple bypass in 2002, which theoretically was caused by Vioxx, given for a bad back. A settlement fro Merck payed for my 'new' house in Maryland,

Now, I also have other issues, primarily the loss of my wife of 41 1/2 years on July 4, 2008.

I have a few other relatively minor medical issues, like a bad back that was, caused by polio back in 1944. And an ankle that was surgically repaired in 1948 and and was fused in 2009 due to the fact that the bones in my ankle were collapsing. But I get around. An plan to continue doing so until at least both of my grandchildren are married. They are 11 and 9 and are pretty little girls that live in Maryland, where I moved in 2010.

later..,.

Weren’t you lucky to have been married to your dear wife for over 41 years. I know you miss her.

Aren’t you lucky to have 2 precious grand daughters! How wonderful of you to move near them…a win win win situation…wonderful for you, the grandkids, and their parents.

I hope you enjoy Maryland. Where will you be? I grew up there and raised my kids there.

I also hope you are feeling well.

Thank you for sharing your story Michael! I am so glad that you found our community…

I am very sorry to hear about losing your wife. I can only imagine how hard it is to adjust to life without her after so many years.

I am glad to hear that you will be closer to your grandchildren soon! Sounds like two VERY good reasons to stay healthy!

Thank you all for your kind comments. I was watching TV with 2 dogs, one mine & one my sons. I live in a zoo. 2 dogs, 2 ferrets and at the moment 7 cats, 2 of which are a little over 5 months old upstairs, where I will be heading soon to sleep.
Later, or rather tomorrow.

mike

Hi Michael,

I live with a zoo also & wouldn’t have it any other way. Their furry faces give me strength, comfort & many smiles.

Wanted to add my condolences. How devastating to lose your wife. So sorry.

Would be great to add your granddaughters to your page so we could all see these special girls.

Hi Michael. We have three Golden Retrievers, more like a kennel than a zoo... I also send condolences for the loss of your wife. Welcome to TuDiabetes! I hope you benefit from TuD as much as I do, and enjoy it as well.