Animas Vibe Update

I just got an Animas Ping this week and met with the Animas representative today so he could answer any questions I had. I was using the Medtronic Revel before. I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I have been with Animas. My new pump's screen was slightly tilted and they overnighted me a new pump with an even newer manufacture date. When I call with questions, I have someone on the line in 1-3 minutes, instead of 45 minutes (like I did with Medtronic).

Anyway, while talking to the Animas rep today, I received some awesome news that I wanted to share with others. He said that there is a big Animas conference in Dallas next week because they are expecting the Animas Vibe to be approved by the FDA in the US in the next 60 to 90 days! If you are a Dexcom user, like myself, this is huge! Dexcom will be integrated with the new Vibe. If you are a current Animas user, you should be able to upgrade to the vibe for just $99 when it comes out!! I can't wait!!

Oh, another thing I adore about my Ping is that it is waterproof. I got caught in the pooring down rain today and didn't even give getting my pump wet a thought. Normally, I would have been freaking out...trying to keep my Medtronic pump from getting wet. Also, I just adore the meter remote. I like being able to check my BG on the meter and then administer a correction right from there. I'm hoping the US version of the Vibe will have the meter remote, but if it doesn't...having the Dexcom integrated will still be way awesome.

They told me it would be out in 3 months 3 years ago. At the rate the FDA is going it will be obsolete when they finally approve it.

So true! Not sure why it takes the FDA so long. The Vibe has been out in other countries for eons!!

yes, we get it, here in france, and i'm not so happy with it: my son is making ITF (we count carbs and the pump calculate the bolus). With the medtronics, it was so simple : we enter his glycemia number and the total of carbs , act, act and it was done. With the animas, we have to push menu, then bolus, then ezglucides, then enter the carbs, then push the arrow to go to add the glycemia, then enter th glycemie, then ok, then arrow to go to result, then ok, then proceed... we are going mad with it, we have dexcom to test, we will begin tomorrow the cgm, i hope he will be very helpful to compensate the burden of the pump... we change because the enlite sensor work not very well for our son since they are perpendicular (the old ones was tangentiel).