Anyone here see a therapist to cope with the emotional problems of diabetes?

And if so, has it helped you?

I was referred to a therapist who specializes in this by my endo but I haven't contacted her yet. I'm not sure if I have the time/energy right now with everything going on in my life but I am going to a jdrf meeting with adult type 1s, assuming I'm not to dizzy to drive, because I really do need a support group.

Can't hurt, right?

I have for about the last 20 years, but most of them "don't get it". It may take several try to find an adequate match. Sometimes a good therapist can help you more carefully define your problems, such as fear of complications, feeling isolated, feeling stressed from the daily requirements we need to do to maintain our health. If you can do that, rather than just labeling stuff as "emotional problems" if may be more helpful to zero in on solutions
Although I admit that some people seem to find it easier than others, living with db is difficult, from every angle. I also have some complications, which don't help the situation. And no support from my family.
But, simply having someone to talk to helps a lot - not healthy to keep stuff bottled up inside.
About 4 years ago I started going to a meet up group for pwds. We only meet every other month and sometimes talk a lot about it, sometimes not so much. It is great for just simply socializing too.
Yea, I would recommend therapy. Let us know how it goes.

I see a type one diabetic counselor. Have for eight years. Diabetes is a struggle you have to experience to understand.