Anyone with thyroid problems too?

So I had a miscarriage in September and got the go ahead to start trying again after 1 cycle so we are trying again. But I noticed my thyroid swelled up after the miscarriage and have known for a while that thyroid and diabetes goes hand in hand and mine has been borderline for years plus all my siblings and my dad and all of my aunts and uncles on his side have hashimotos. I will get the official results next week so I can start taking synthroid. I have a feeling that the thyroid is the reason it took so long to get pregnant the first time and then caused the miscarriage. Anyone else have thyroid issues and did you have any problems getting pregnant after getting on the meds? Just curious if this is gonna be an uphill battle. Also after you started the meds did your thyroid swelling go down? Please tell me it goes away and fast b/c it looks really weird

My mother had trouble getting pregnant for years and we suspect it was due to undiagnosed Hashimotos. Once she started on meds and her thyroid levels became normal, she got pregnant.

I also have Hashimotos, but I didn't start on meds until after the pregnancy. I was diagnosed before, but my levels were still normal and oddly improved after I got pregnant. I only had to start on meds about 3 months after the pregnancy.

There is no problem taking Synthroid during pregnancy and it should help. You want your TSH levels to be under 2 when you get pregnant (even though most labs consider under 4 or 5 normal). Lack of thyroid hormone can effect the early development of the baby (which is why it also often causes miscarriage). Also, you should make sure that you got your free T3 and T4 levels measured to make sure that you get on the right med right away. I think that Synthroid only can correct T4. So if you T3 is out of range, then you may need a different medication.

Good luck!

I have a under active thyroid and it took us 13 months and IVF

First thing that rose about 3 weeks into pregnancy was thyroid levels. Luckily my endo was monitoring closely and fingers crossed we are now 12 weeks

My endo upped my dose when we were TTC so speak with them regularly
Good news is you need to up your thyroid dose regularly during the pregnancy as well until about 20 weeks, I cant wait to see what my dose will be..

I've been Type I for 20+ years and hypo thyroid for about 10 years. I have a beautiful little girl and currently 21 weeks pregnant. With thyroid issues, you just need take your meds and get your TSH and Free T4 tested every month. Your doc should be adjusting your med based on the test results. I did a lot of reading on thyroid, pre-pregnancy diabetes and I also have something called Myasthenia Gravis (another auto immune disorder) but if you take care of yourself and be disciplined (i check my sugar 8-10 times a day and once every 3am to make sure i catch my lows). It's HARD WORK to be honest but it's all worth it when you see the little one!

I'm lucky that I had no issue getting pregnant I think mainly because my period is very regular.

take care!

I also have Hashimoto's disease and didn't have a hard time getting preg (tried for 4 months). What you can expect though is constant monitoring of your thyroid levels once you do get preg. I've had my dosages increase 2x already and I'm about 19 weeks but now my TSH levels are in the 2's. It is definitely possible- although it is best to get on the meds beforehand, and likely all Dr.'s will recommend that. The sooner you address it, the sooner you're on your way to a happy healthy baby, I'm sure! All the best! Hang in there, you are not alone. :)