TSH levels

Hi all,

I'm 10 weeks pregnant with my second child, hooray! Was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about a year and a half ago, about 18 months after the birth of my first daughter (no gestational diabetes)

I went in to see my endo today and she took blood to test thyroid. I just went online to check the results and the TSH was 0.07

This is really low, no? It's too late to speak with my endo and now I have to wait till monday - I can't imagine worrying and wondering about this all weekend.

If you have any insight into this, can you please share? For what it's worth, the same test performed in August (pre-pregnancy) was 0.8

The standard way a TSH level is "bad" is by being HIGH. If you're hypothyroid, which is common in type 1, it will be elevated. (I have type 1 and Hashimoto's, and am 14 weeks pregnant, and have to get mine checked every month -- they want it below 2.)

That said, yours *is* somewhat low. My endo's lab results come with the following as the normal range: 0.34-5.60.

Maybe you're running hyperthyroid?

The values are slightly low, which would suggest hyperthyroidism. If you feel your heart racing or you fell jittery, mention this to your endo.

I have hypothyroidism and during pregnancy, my thyroid function actually improved without medication!! I'm not sure if this is common and maybe your increased thyroid function is temporary?

I happened to be at the endo 4 days before I got my BFP. Mine was 0.05 which was low indicating I was taking too much thyroid less. She lowered my dose by about 12% although when she heard I was pregnant she raised the new lower dose to an extra half pill one a week. Just got it checked again up to 0.09 she said that in early pregnancy needs go up so she hesitated to lower the dose again.

thanks everyone for your insights - i has helped me calm down (a little). Between the pregnancy and the D, I have become a tad anxious and neurotic - but at least I can admit it, ha ha! I am looking forward to hearing from my doc tomorrow.

K