Are you a Bayer ContourUSB user? Meet others here

I got mine in the mail yesterday as well. Maybe they wait until they get a million orders before they send them out.

HOW DO YOU GET THE FREE SLEEVE

I received mine - finally - earlier this week, as well.

Hi Jake
Concerning your USB meter face, I to have problems with glare from sun. So before I had problems with scratchs I went to my cell phone store and picked up film ( covers) that are used with the cell screen.Then I cut the film to cover my meter screen, when the meter is in it’s sleeve it stays easily in place. Give it a try.
CHELE

I have looked on the bayer website but I don’t see free wallets/cases for the USB anywhere. Can someone help me out?

Kate,
You get the silicone sleeve when you register your meter as a free gift.
Hope this helps…
Ron

I met with my endo last week and asked about switching to the Contour USB and he was willing to switch me over. I called my insurance and they need to speak to my doctor to see why I need to switch over before they agree to cover it…

Frustating!!!

Can someone upload a picture of this sleeve people are talking about please.
Thanks, I am waiting for my $40 coupon before I get my meter.

Has anyone had problems with their machine? Mine read me at 3mmol and then I retested a second later and was 20!!! So eat or take insulin? it was 3AM at the time. The next day similar thing, 15mmol but was 8. I'm an long time diabetic and I always test out the new machines against my old one I trust. This thing was WAY OFF. I am glad that I got it because if a mom of a newly diagnosed T1 got my crappy machine she would have killed her kid with these readings. The pharmacist was really upset and talked to the rep in person. Haven't heard anything from the company!! So upset considering everything.
Got a different machine from a different company- Done with Bayer. Sorry lost my business for life.

I had the same problem with readings, which incidentally made me head straight to the hospital because of incorrect numbers. Called Bater and told them my machine was broken. They sent me a new one, along with a new 50 strip canister. Thank goodness I have my old machine. To be honest I haven’t even set up my new replacement contour because I feel pretty disappointed.

I got my new case after registering,took a week. I also love that I do not have to use a log book. I have had no major issues with software. the bright screen is helpful for my low vision. Nancy

it does NOT use the same strip as the contour link meter

Hello everyone, does anyone know if the contour Next USB meter uses the same strips as the Contour next link USB meter that we are getting from minimed? I need three meters and they all have to use the same strips. I think I have arranged two of the next link's so I am looking for that third one. The contour Next USB meter looks like it might work, so long as the test strips are compatible.

thanks for any information.

Rick

Next is Next... Bayer also has a cute OLED based meter as well as the Next USB and Next Link...(Its just called Contour Next... NOT EZ)

My wife has the Next Link, which she uses with her pump. I have the Next USB - not pump. Both use the same strips, which are different from the older USB meter. As an aside, I connect the Next USB on my Macs - the level of detail is amazing. Haven't tried to add a note, other than to select Fasting, Before Meal, or After Meal.

Question on using multiple meters: I have two Next USB meters. When I connect to my Mac, it transfers data and then generates reports. Is there a way to combine data from the two meters? I haven't called Bayer support; trying to find a way to do this by myself. Not having too much success, though.

Ok contour next link users I really need your help!! I am having difficulty with my blood meter and I am in shock at how this happened. I have been on the technical support line with Bayer all evening and they are sending me a new link because coincidentally while I was on the phone with Medtronic trying to link the results to my computer the thing just went black. Now the computer won't let me charge and the wall plug in doesnt work either. I am so frustrated I could cry. What blood meter do you guys use that you find is most accurate? I was really loving this meter until now and will have to go to bed without a reading I can trust. The one i have now for a backup is off the charts never giving me accurate readings. I am going to have to switch if this thing keeps acting up. What would anyone suggest? I am a little worried.

i love my next usb meter.

I was loving the Contour USB 'Next' Link ... awesome in almost all respects. But the color screen just started to fail a couple of weeks ago! Called Bayer, and after 10 frustrating minutes talking to a woman who insisted on asking me many irrelevant questions, i finally said "I'm don't want to talk about this anymore ... the screen is failing, i want a replacement meter, can you do that." She spoke to a supervisor, and said 'yes' it'll take up to 4 days and need to send the original back to them. And then it arrived in only 1 or 2 days. Yayyy.