Are you a teen or young adult with type 2 diabetes? Introduce yourself!

Check this out....
"Young people with diabetes are more prone to diabetic neuropathy (nerve damage)!!
https://www.icontrolmyhealth.org/news/young-adults-with-diabetes-are-at-a-higher-risk-of-diabetic-neuropathy-nerve-damage

A BIG BIG BIG apology to Mike, Yazzley and Morphic for the delay in my response. There was only a notification for your request Mike, which I only noticed today (sorry sorry sorry), and only through opening THAT email did I realize there were 2 more requests pending…Mike’s for a very long timeTsk
So…yes INDEED, WELCOME to our little corner. Tell us a bit about yourself, and DO feel free to contribute. Share, support, BE supported.

luv and baskets of hugs…linda

Guess what guys!!!! Our group has been FEATURED!!!
♥ WOO HOO ♥

WELCOME to our little pod MARI!!
Can you tell the group a bit about yourself??

Hello thank you for welcoming me to the group. I am 25 years old I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2011. I have been in denial not taking care of myself and I decided I need to make changes I want to live a healthy long life. I am just having a hard time with checking my blood glucose because I have a needle phobia:(

Ahhh...horrid having a fear of needles when you have diabetes...it was MY case long ago....and a very nice phlebotomist walked me through it.....emphasizing "Just look at me and nothing else"...IDK why....but it worked. Prior to that, I had to request to stretch out anytime I went for blood work.

Yes it’s not fun at all! I know my fear is irrational I just need to get used to the pricking

Come and learn more about carb counting....share your methods....support, and be supported. Interactive discussion!
Where....chat "room" on home page.
When....Thursday May 29th.
Click on the attached link for more information!
http://www.tudiabetes.org/events/basic-carb-counting-discussion-in-the-tudiabetes-open-chatroom

-------------------------------------------------------
Please join our community chat on Tuesday June 10th. It will be held on home page!
The topic...Metformin! Click on the link for time zone and RSVP.
http://www.tudiabetes.org/events/metformin-discussion-in-the-tudiabetes-open-chatroom
------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME to the neighbourhood Wolfie!!

SHOUT OUT!!! So…what’s happening? Everyone survived the Holidays?
Who went partying? Had a blast? We may have D…but we can still have FUN!!

Hey Mari…are you feeling a bit less apprehensive about checking your bg?

Wanted to ask “you who live where we freeze to death”…how’s your bg when you have to face dire cold temperatures…do you go high? Low? Does it make your fingers/toes hurt? Does it even bother you at all?

We had it very warm for this time of year here (southwestern Ontario) before Christmas…but now paying the price!

Take care…luv and baskets of hugs,

linda

Stacie...hi and welcome to our little corner! 29....in between my 2 children's ages :)
How did you find out about your diabetes? Did you suspect it?