Are you a teen or young adult with type 2 diabetes? Introduce yourself!

I was looking about for a group specifically geared to Type 2 teens and young adults, and to my surprise.... nothing!!
So....if that's who you are, Type 2 and a teen or young adult, this group is just for you :)
C'mon in...tell a bit about yourself...support, and be supported.

hi Linda, I was able to join right away. As you know, I'm a long time type 1, but I am here to help others find resources and make suggestions, pass along links, etc. Just let me know what I can do.

Thank you Marie....indeed, it IS a group aimed at a particular demographic...however and nevertheless.... everyone is welcome. I have posted an awareness to groups here at Tu. that may be visited by type 2....but posting in any group that is frequented by any younger PWD would be great. Might it be a possibility to bring the group back to focus on the home page for a while longer?
Great that you were able to join right away...I was concerned when told that one was not "accepted"!(??)
luv....linda

I'll mention it to Emily, maybe it can go in that rotating feature in the upper left. We can get it featured and added to the resource pages too. I've asked Josh and also Reed to join. I'll be sure to mention it to anyone that is a young type2.

AWESOME!!!! Thank you ♥

Hey...WELCOME to the rabble Josh and Marie :)

Nice to have you in the fold lovesandy !
♥ WELCOME ♥

The tough thing about being a teenager with type 2 diabetes, is that the current way of treating type 2 in teens is the same way as treating type 2 in adults! Trouble is...teens don't respond to that treatment as adults do!
Can you spell depression?

Compared to adults there is little information on type 2 diabetes incidence and prevalence in the young with many surveys being clinic based or case series with a lack of population-based surveys, particularly outside North America, Japan and Taiwan.
There are, however, ever increasing reports of type 2 diabetes in children worldwide, with some as young as eight years of age being affected. These are mostly in ethnic groups known to be at high risk of type 2 diabetes. There are now also reports of type 2 diabetes occurring amongst Europid (White Caucasoid) teenagers. In Japan, the prevalence of type 2 diabetes amongst junior high school children has doubled from 7.3 per 100,000 in 1976-80 to 13.9 per 100,000 in 1991-95, with type 2 diabetes now outnumbering type 1 diabetes in that country.
Alarming news!

How's everyone doing???
Has the spirit of Christmas touched you yet....or are you finding it hard???

WISHING YOU A VERY MERRY AND BLESSED CHRISTMAS

Hey!!! How’s it going?
Who’s digging themselves out of a mountain of snow,

or are some of you toasty warm, and sporting the pair of sandals you got as a gift??

Welcome to the little family Seagator. YES....helpful indeed. We can all spread the word...when greeting, sending out birthday cheer...whenever. Thanks for joining!

Great to have you Duckky....WELCOME to our little pod!

Why don't you introduce yourself....and other may want to tell a bit about themselves also :)

Hey everyone.....
Interactive video on home page TODAY, Friday January 4th. Check it out....
http://www.tudiabetes.org/events/live-interview-with-ryan-reed

Welcome LadyNononoke....so happy that have found our little community :)
Make yourself at home!!!

WELCOME to the rabble Michelle, Fighting for Stephany and Marina!!

Welcome to our gang ieshia :)
Nice to have you here!!

♥ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! ♥

Hey there peeps....almost June!!! What's up for the summer??? Any big plans?