Are you being induced?

Hi, @T1_Japan – I was curious whether you got close monitoring with your first baby or whether the estimated weight (based on ultrasound measurements) was way off. I have been thinking about your question here and wondering whether the right approach for you might be to plan for induction if… (and select a threshold of weight or whatever other things you think are reasonable, in conversation with your local doctors), and not just think that you must be induced to have a better birth experience. This is the reverse (but same principle – flexibility adapted to the actual circumstances) I was hoping for before I gave birth. In my case getting induced made for a much longer and worse (for me; thankfully baby came out in great shape) labor and delivery than could have been the case.

(For context: I gave birth in October 2017 and was adamantly opposed to induction since nothing suggested a very large baby or any other complications. I ended up getting induced at 40w3d largely as a concession to my husband; I tell more of that story elsewhere on this forum.)