Arrows / Trend Line Not Consistent

My Seven Plus will sometimes show two arrows going down or up reflecting a rapid change in blood sugar while at the same time the trend line is stable, going flat across. Obviously both can't be right!

Anyone else ever get that? If I'm home, I'll test to see what the deal is, but if I'm in a meeting at work, I'm left guessing whether to trust the arrows or the trend line.

I’ve had a couple of instances where I had 2 arrows going up and the “rapid rise” alarm – both times I hadn’t eaten anything that would have caused it. When I tested, I found that the Dex was wildly inaccurate: my blood sugar was around 80-something and Dex was saying 150. After a while, it sort of came to its senses and showed a more accurate reading. Not sure why this happens, but at least it didn’t last too long.

i have seen the same thing. i have assumed that the arrrows are leading the line, but it is just my guess.

Does it help (or matter) to enter a BG reading to calibrate?

@Doug, two arrows going up IS the trend…your bG is rapidly rising. The line your see (showing the bG points) is not a current reflection of what your bG is doing. You may notice that 10-20 minutes later, the line illustrates the rapid rise that had started when you saw those two arrows pointing up.

@Greg, never calibrate when the arrows are going up…especially when you’ve got 2 up arrows. It gives the Dex really really bad information.