Attention bay area kids and teens!

JDRF is excited to bring “Diabetes CommuniTEENs – type 1 teens mentoring type 1 kids” to Silicon Valley!
In this program teens and kids build one-on-one relationships where kids can get a peek at life as a teenager (with type 1 diabetes), and teens can be role models. Everyone will have fun participating together in activities such as bowling, ice skating, pool parties and more. All events are free or low cost.

Who Can Join?

• All teens ages 13–18 years old with type 1 diabetes (this is a great way to fulfill community service requirements for school or college resumes). In order to participate, teens must:
    • submit an application form
    • submit a recommendation form
    • sign a contract to commit 1-5 hours per month for one year, attend a majority of events, and communicate with their kid match on a monthly basis.
  • All children ages 5–12 years old with type 1 diabetes may apply for a teen mentor. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all activities.

For more information or to apply to join Diabetes CommuniTEENS please contact Carolyn Eisen, Outreach Manager: ceisen@jdrf.org or (415) 597-6317.

This program is currently based in the East Bay and Silicon Valley areas. If you are interested in volunteering to head-up a teen mentoring program in San Francisco, the North Bay or Monterey Bay areas please contact Carolyn Eisen (info above).

I’m a teen at heart, but I guess I can’t participate :-(.

You can’t mentor but I’m sure a few more volunteers on the adult end wouldn’t hurt if you’re interested.

Thanks. I’ll contact Carolyn and find out how I can help :-).

Awesome!