Basal test!

I decided New Year's would be a good time to do some basal testing. My blood sugars have been so good and basal testing can't help but make them better! So last night I had a snack around 10:30 and then this morning I skipped breakfast and will be having a late lunch. I missed a few tests because I fell asleep, but I don't think it matters because I think my BG was stable during that period. So my results are:

6:30 AM - 5.5 (99 mg/dl)
10:00 AM - 5.4 (97 mg/dl)
11:00 AM - 6.2 (112 mg/dl)
12:00 PM - 8.4 (151 mg/dl)
1:00 PM - 10.2 (184 mg/dl)

I won't make any changes right now but my "dawn phenomenon" coverage runs from 3:00 AM until 10:00 AM and I think I may need to extend that and/or just raise my basal rate between 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM. I will do another test some other day (probably end of this week when I don't work) and see if I get similar results, before making any changes. I'm also going to try and do tests on days I work and days I don't work, since I think they may be different, and also maybe during different parts of the month since I know those are different! It will be a long process but I am hoping it will pay off in the end.

And now I am off to eat!

Well done Jen! Morning looks super good.

Of course after posting this I've been stuck around 200 for a few hours so now I'm wondering whether that test was really accurate or whether "hormones" or something else has kicked in. I should know by now to never EVER post saying I'm doing good because it always jinxes it!

Good on you taking on the project !! On the other hand ...it appears, that since 12 noon you were going up and you suggested too , that you may require more basal start at 10 am ,... I would think at least 3 similar test outcomes before a change in basal ?? You were fortunate to be able to start with breakfast : your numbers must have been very good overnight !! Medtronic suggests to start overnight with testing .

I haven't been checking my numbers overnight, but I've been waking up at 4-5 for the past week or more so I figure they are probably okay for now. I will do another test later this week to confirm before changing my basal rates. I think it will take a least a few weeks to do all the ones I want to (work days, weekends, hormones, non-hormones, etc.) but hopefully I'll be able to stick to it and it'll all pay off!