Beta testing an app for Dexcom Apple Watch Complications

I’m not sure if it’s against forum rules to post outside links to other forums… in this case the reddit link in question. I’m going to be away from internet for the day tomorrow and seeing as how many have requested the link today I’m going to post it below. If it’s breaking any rules I’m sure a mod can take it down.

Also, I PM’ed this to a couple of you but I think the link I sent might have been bad because of a character that was appended to it. Here is the good link: https://www.reddit.com/r/diabetes/comments/4239ru/the_dexcom_g5_is_90_amazing_but_really_dropped/

2 Likes

Has anyone received an email from the app developer? I have not so far, how do I get this watchSugar app?

That’s great! Can you PM the link please.

Looks great, could we have a link please?

looks like @TylerDrew posted the link in his last comment.

This sounds great to me. I have the G5 and the Apple Watch and felt disappointed that I had to swish up to see the glance to see the blood sugar readings. I actually went back to wearing my receiver, which always has the figure there.Maureen

The link is in the thread above.

So how is this app performing? Are the values up to date?

This app is great so far! I love having the value easily on the watch face. The glanceability works great. Even though the value may be 10-20 minutes old I don’t really mind. Its great to raise my wrist and see a value right away. With the dexcom follow app you sit there staring at your watch to get a value. Love it!

Hi Tyler- I signed up for the beta. It looks great. I hope to get the link soon so I can begin trying it out!

To clear up some confusion, because I’ve had a couple of people message me thinking this is my app, it is not. I’m not sure where the confusion came in, I just saw the thread on reddit, I did not code or develop this app, nor can I get people invites to the beta test that haven’t received invites.

Could you possibly invite the person who wrote it to join our community? (sorry I don’t know how reddit works). I’m sure loads of our members would like to have here.

1 Like

This is so cool how do I get it or Beta totally agree about dropping the ball on the 1 yd line…

The latest release now does Time Travel. So cool!

2 Likes

Good idea - I’ve invited the author to join TuD

3 Likes

that will be so cool, if she or him, joins tud,. i can be the 1st one to Welcome him, or she,.

Just curious for those who are using now, how long did it take to get an invite to the beta?

Thank you so very much! I wear a Vibe pump, which doesn’t speak to the phone directly (!!!) so I’m still carrying the receiver, but this is the watch portion of the interface that makes carrying that thing worthwhile. Deeply grateful to you for sharing.

This is only a guess because I have no direct contact with the developer of the app, but the release that’s in beta now is the release candidate, meaning beta testing is nearing the end, barring a serious bug find. It’s most likely that there are enough beta testers, especially now that beta testing is starting to near the end. I believe apple now limits beta testers in “test flight” - the app that the apple beta program uses, to 2,000 people. While I can’t imagine he’s sent that many invites to test, I can imagine he’s trying to wrap things up and doesn’t need any new testers, but that’s just a guess. Once beta testing is done, it’s only a matter of submitting to Apple and waiting on them to approve, then it will be available to all in the app store. The developer did say in his reddit thread that the plan was to have this as a free application to all.

1 Like

Looks like someone already did that, however, I’d wholeheartedly recommend that you learn to use reddit. While forums like this are useful for diabetes, there are thousands and thousands of “subreddits” within reddit. A subreddit is a forum based on a topic where users can upvote or downvote submitted links based on how helpful the link or comment is, and how much it contributes to the community. There is a diabetes subreddit, and I’m sure subreddits on quilting, bread baking, foodies, and bird watching, or pretty much anything else you have interest in.

2 Likes