Between Nov. 1 and Nov. 14: Do the Big Blue Test and Change The World of a Person with Diabetes

Confirmed!
We have enabled the possibility for people WITHOUT diabetes to DO the Big Blue Test. When you go to www.BigBlueTest.org, answer “NO” to the question “Do you have diabetes?” and your participation will count towards the total number of participants (in the footer, we show how many people with and without diabetes have done the test) but not count towards the BG statistics shown on the site.

120 and 104 today.

WOOHOO!! Thanks Manny, what a great opportunity to involve others in our lives and give them the experience of testing and the opportunity to contribute!

today is close to yesterday’s test …oh , my wonderful mentor !!

I try to be dull that way? The evening after that has been a complete cluster%$*# but, despite the vile weather, it was fun to go for a walk with my exercise buddy!!

OMG what a cutie!!!

She knows it. She would like it if you gave her a hamburger too. She was a bit embroiled in the P-mail on our first couple of longer walks (post-my surgery…) but really picked it up today! It was really nasty out, not quite raining but she was just back and forth and into every mudpuddle she could run through.

My white dogs would much rather be grey and muddy too LOL

I did my Big Blue Test again today and posted my numbers. My 20 minute walk made my bg go down 30 points. I noticed there were 532 participants so far. Maybe I’ll try for more than once a day this weekend!

Doesn’t it feel amazing when you see those numbers change “magically” and you realize that the actual magic is exercise?

Sounds like a good plan, Marie.

Recruited my friends/family to go to the BBT as non-Ds. Had my nails painted blue today :slight_smile: Lots of questions, 1/2 the staff where I go to PT are going to participate! Had a bad low there today so they all got involved and got to do some education and eat a tootsie roll :))

Wow! You should go into sales! I was gonna blow it off and chill out tonight but Marie’s “two a days” have gotten me off my butt. The dog is happy.

Paint your nails blue and have a low somewhere public LOL. Better yet, paint a big blue circle on the dog and take her with you :slight_smile:

My dog said to tell your dog that his Mom is taking him for 3 20 minute walks a day. My dog is happy!

128/102! Thanks for the inspiration! I might go for a longer walk tomorrow but it’s sort of depressing that the doc said to wait 2 more weeks to run and the test will be done before then. Still, given that I’m 44, the running probably isn’t going to last forever and I’ve felt the endorphins and BG buzz from walking, even at the fuzzy friend pace!