Big changes are coming for TuDiabetes!

I just noticed thst on the mobile site you can only see “first level” replies… Can’t see the replies to a reply (on an iPhone/ iPad anyway)… To think, I’ve been on this forum for years primarily on the mobile site and had no idea…

Yep, the mobile version is pretty subpar. Presumably one of the things that'll be fixed with the upcoming redo.

I focus more on project mamagement and coordination, but if you need a beta tester or something else, be glad to assist.

It is exciting to have you take our ideas and translate that into improvements in the website! Keep up the good work!

Thank you, thank you, and ... thank you! All great improvements; like others, I too am looking forward to the them!

Amid all this enthusiastic support for this move, I hope that TuD administrators will tamp down the action of the auto-censor that seems to want to protect me from myself. While I can appreciate the motivation to keep this a PG-13 site, some of the choices made by the Ning nanny chafe. Please examine this issue as you move to the new platform. How many other benign words similar to "p1ssed" are in the current banned vocabulary?

Absolutely!! That's one of the things we're really excited about :)

Thanks Jim!

Terry, I'd ask you to list the words you think should be taken off our censor list, but obviously that would not work :) We have control over which words are blocked on the current site (and will on the new one, as well), and do have a few in there that aren't technically profane, but which I and the admin team think are inappropriate for young members. You'd probably laugh if you saw the whole list of words one can't write on TuDiabetes. They are all there because someone used them, and some are pretty surprising.

Emily - I don't know what words are banned, I just stumbled over one that I thought was safe from producing offense, in and of itself. It allowed me to express a strong degree of anger in a way that most people would understand. I don't think I offended anyone simply because of its use and I don't think "p1ssed" should be banned. (Isn't this a little silly that I have to use a "proxy" safe word so that the reader knows what the heck I'm talking about?)

Do you really think the average 10-year old is scandalized by this word? I'm a parent. I understand the issue with children. Censorship can get out of hand; I generally don't like it.

But I also don't like the use of swear-words and crude scatalogical references. In that case, some limits are in order. All I ask is that you and others review the list again and see if some looser standard might be used. I feel like I stumbled over some moral-minder looking over my shoulder and I don't like the feeling. The only reason that it's taken me this long to run up against this limit is due to my non-use of these kind of words. I think swear words and other crude references are an indictment of the writer's ability to express himself well.

The only reason I'm raisng this isue is because I love this community.

I think I have a way to find out which words are banned…whenever my BG drifts down into the 40s, I say most of them…

I'm tempted to write an absurdly profane post to see which ones get deleted, but I guess I fear some might not. :)

I like the respect and quality of most posts and comments here. It's why I frequent this forum. That respect comes from within each member, not from some outside moral-enforcer.

I am thrilled that y'all have this problem and are in need to change the platform. What a wonderful problem to have! I, too, am willing to be a guinea pig. :) It will be awesome after the kinks are work out! SO EXCITED! *doing a little happy dance*

Niccolo---your idea appeals to my sense of Whimsey---one does worry that some folks might be offended before we get to make the point it's an experiment!.....

I first learned of the forthcoming changes when the link to the above message was provided in an email. I never saw anything on the web site, even after I started looking for the link to your message. The link may be there but it sure isn't conspicuous like I think it should be. Maybe that's a problem with the current platform.

Discourse is actually one of the products we're evaluating at work right now for a customer service community for us. :) Pretty cool! Good luck with the conversion! :) Pretty exciting stuff!

Dave, we'll have to compare notes as we both learn more about it :)

Oh dear. We definitely want this news to be prominent and easy to find. I'll take another look at that. Thanks for the feedback, Tom!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, Stoner! There will be kinks at first, but you're absolutely right that once they're ironed out we'll all be dancing with joy!