Can this really happen

So I was watching this weeks episode of "The blacklist" on NBC and I have a question. There was a missing diabetic child, she had a MM pump. The authorities ended up finding her by tracking the RF signal from her pump. I realize this is fiction tv, but is that possible? Are the signals in our pumps strong enough to be tracked as the show indicated? Love to have your input.

No.

Didn't watch it, but did you see The Black List on NBC Monday? This week's villain had a diabetic daughter who wore a pump manufactured by "Z-tec" or something beginning with Z.

I meant to say the Blacklist not Intelligence. Sorry. Guess I watch too much tv...

To my knowledge MM uses Bluetooth technology. Without walls the range of Bluetooth can be up to 33ft (~10meters).

This seems very implausible... Maybe one day when pump management uses more smartphone technology. :)

My cgm can’t even find my pump when it’s a meter away unless it has line of sight.
So unless this girl was in the same room as the police, then I don’t think they could find her.

SMARTphone tech seems very scary for pumpers as it is hackable. I don't think anyone has it in for me, but controlling my pump and life with a device as accessible as a SMARTphone --no way.

I saw it. The whole insulin pump spiel was implausibile( a piece of crock!!). The Blacklist is a watchable, but gory show. I like James Spader very much as an actor: He shows his ability well, as his character, Reddington, wavers between delightful and deplorable!! Anyway, the company they named was V-TECH. HAHA, I know of them .They make electronic "learning games", like fake kiddie computers, talking alphabet and number boards, and cheap land-line phones. You can buy their products at Walmart, Big Lots, and Toys R us. I would not purchase an insulin pump from those stores. LOL

So much for writers doing the proper research!!

God Bless,
Brunetta