Cgms denial day july 1

Hi Gina, I thought they would think so, too. In my 2nd level appeal, i spoke before a panel of a Dr, Nurse & someone on the “board” I spoke for 12 minutes about my husband and his lows and problems, the time he passed out on the street around the corner from our home, the 911 calls the trauma it puts us all though. Nope, still the answer is “experimental/investigational” How is that possible when it was approve by the FDA 2 years ago? I had thought the “personal” thought was the way to go. I should have been more clinical & spoke about the trials & percents and #'s & BG levels & all that medical stuff i barely understand. One more shot, though. I plan to smother them with published articles till their fax machine breaks!

I agree! Share the wealth with someone for whom it may work better…

This is a great idea! Thank you! I have my letter all written up and ready to be posted on July 1. (I actually wrote it a few weeks ago and have been waiting for a good opportunity to share it.)

Is there a way to tell you that we posted something?

And, Sorry, but I have to ask, because this has played on my mind all night.

The sensor dealie did not work for you. I am sorry it wasn’t right for you.

But are you actually saying that because you did not get it to work for you that you believe NONE of us should have the OPPORTUNITY of the CGMS use with insurance help?

I really hope not.

I use Mac computers. Mine are Intels, and I also have to use Windows. UNLIKE some ‘Mac Snobs’, I am not the sort who, just because a Windows PC did not work for me would say no one should use them.

In MY six weeks of wearing this MM gizmockus someone lent to me, I have had the guts to keep a tighter rein on my control. before the guy lent it to me, I would run high just to avoid the vulnerability of being out on buses (Can’t drive because I’m visually impaired from premature birth), or walking to work and conking out on the street. Most people are nice, and would help. Others, I’m afraid would just pick me over and walk off. I’m so scared of hypos, I would just keep it high and face the doc’s dim view it is not them nor is it you who has to live like I do (Live alone and car-less), so I would like the option and some help in getting it with insurance. My ‘Loaner’ has turned into a “Keep it” because it is over a year old and my pal is going for a Navigator. I only need the shell shaped transmitter right now.

Geeze, an EMS run would cost as much as the transmitter alone.

If your transmitter is over a year old, you may as well toss it as the battery is non-renewable. If it is fairly new DO consider selling/giving it to someone who CAN get it to help them. OK?

Not necessarily. Some insurance companies will not budge at all.

Even my CDE was of that belief, but she knows several of her patients are in worse shape than me, and they also get told no, over and over.

I added it to my blog.

I am very fortunate that my insurance company now covers CGMS for nearly everyone, but I plan to stand united behind the folks that aren’t so lucky.

Go Gina! Fortunately, our insurance covers it but we are happy to support your cause. I have shown my support on my blog http://butwaititgetsbetter.blogspot.com

My post is up!!!

http://bittersweet-karen.blogspot.com/2008/07/request-for-cgms-denied-by-insurance.html

I’m also going to add it to my blog here and at DiabetesFriends.net. And I’ll put it on my knitting blog too. The more places we can post about this, the better!!

I did get coverage, although I spent a lot of time and effort getting it, and I continue to have problems with them paying the bills.

I totally support coverage for everyone though. I love my CGMS. It’s really made a difference in my ability to keep my BG’s more stable. It’s so much good data on which we should all be able to make better decisions about our food intake, insulin dosages and activity levels. I still do a lot of finger sticks, but it’s all information that used together makes controlling my BG’s easier. I always had so many problems with my AM BG’s, but now I very consistently wake up with good numbers. Starting your day at 89 is far better than starting it at 389. I hope everyone who wants one will soon have it.

Gina, thanks for organizing this…I’ve posted mine here: http://progresstrumpsperfection.blogspot.com/

I love this! Have been sending out by the thousands with every email from my office! (I run professional services for a software operation and by now my boss, who is diabetic, is also sending these out!)

I was covered for months, now all the sudden this is ‘deemed experimental’! I would like to experiment on the rating department of the insurance company:)!

Hey Gina -
I’ve made my mark on my blog. Here is the link to it:

http://canddbishop.com/blog/?p=10

Twitter, plurk, Ping.fm, Brightkite, mini-blogs have all been ‘told’ by me, and now all my Posts have it in subject line. I do hope we can raise a few voices too.