Changing Lancets for Blood Tests

No matter how people change their lancets, I cringe reading about and seeing lancing fingerTIPS. The blood sample is just as accurate, and less neuro disruption using the sides of fingers. Maybe this is what you all mean anyway.

Maybe the sides work well for you but not for me, pain wise

People change their lancets? TIL

@Dave44 I have the same issue: lancing the sides of the fingers for me is far, far more painful than on the pads.

Yep, or when the wife goes: “Hey, do you ever change those things?” Which happens every couple of months.

2 Likes

Well, this forum has definitely taught me everybody’s different, but sometimes it seems a miracle that there are even any two PWDs who react remotely similarly to anything.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if everyone’s diabetes WERE the same… then both the medical community and we diabetics would have a much, much easier time of figuring out how to stay in control and how to understand… and find a cure for… all types of diabetes! For now, we just muddle along as best we can.

Shhhh! I don’t think my wife knows anything about “changing lancets” – don’t need ANOTHER thing for her to remind me about… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Oh wow! Yes, I do that a lot. I can really sympathize with you. It can get really hard and I want you to know that everything will be okay. Keep your head held high and you will know!

2018 replies:

A) What is this “turntable” of which you speak?
B) What is this “camera body” of which you speak?

:wink:

You mean you are supposed to change your lancets?

Huh?

Technologies dear to my heart, but vanishing rapidly into oblivion, that’s all. A joke.

1 Like

you will be glad to know that I just bought a Hana for my LP12. (And that is no joke. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

LOL!!!

Okay, my two cents…I change the lancets in my fastclix much more often than I did before fastclix. Before my Libre sensor that meant when I remembered that I hadn’t remembered when the last time was I changed it?

I think I changed it last year… if I did…

me too. It’s so easy to flip the lever. LOL! I might change to a different lancet ever week or two, instead of a few lancet changes per year, prior to using the Fasclix