Cheaper Insulin Pen Needles than BD?

I use pen needles on a novalog pen and a Victoza pen.
I would not try to make either last for 50 injections .
The Victoza 15 doses is abount the range for me. But on the other hand with Novalog 4-5 times a day in a couple of day I can feel it pinching the skin (getting dull) and starts to bruise me. As for lancets I tend to let them go until they no longer produce blood. Which is just being lazy on my parts as I get them for free.
BOTTOM LINE DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.

1 Like

Probably the daily shower is enough to prevent infection from a sub-q injection and I don’t alcohol swab but I wouldn’t try to inject through clothing. I do keep using the same needle until it gets dull or I bend it. This for the last 32 years. And soon with pump, one less thing to worry about. And lancets used to last me years. Now that I’m on Dexcom, my left ring-finger has lost its callous…

Have you looked into Diathrive? They sell Pen needles for $9 for 100 and shipping is free above $25. They are a great deal!

1 Like

what do you mean not $2,600? That damn pharmacy has been ripping me off. LOL

Rphil2. Amazon 31 gauge 5/16. 8.99 box of 125*

From there, I reuse the Amazon 31 gauge 5/16 for between 50-60 shots so my cost/shot is negligible in the grand scheme of diabetes management.

Amazon won’t ship needles to my zip code

Try this site: https://diathrive.com/products/product/verifine-pen-needles

Buzz. I had the same problem. They won’t ship to Ct. but I have them shipped to my sister in Fla. and she send them back to me.

On the subject of Mail orders of pen needle to the Not So Great State of Connecticut.

I’ve reached out to two mail order pharmacy’s to see if they can ship to this state from hell.

My fall back is Amazon shipping to Florida then my sister shipping to me.

Rubeny. Went out to the site you mentioned. Emailed them to very they can ship to my state.
They responded that they can. I ordered enough to get free shipping