Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Feta Cheese and Spinach

Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Feta Cheese and Spinach
Ingredients:

6 leaves fresh spinach, well rinsed and stems removed
2 4-ounce chicken breast halves, pounded to about ½” thickness and thawed, if frozen
3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Freshly ground pepper to taste
3 tablespoons flour for dredging
Olive oil cooking spray

Preheat oven to 400°
Cook the spinach leaves in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and squeeze out all the moisture. Place the chicken on a work surface with the wide side toward you. Arrange 3 spinach leaves over each chicken breast, distributing them evenly and leaving a ½ inch border at the top edge. Sprinkle with half of the feta cheese and half of the lemon juice. Season with pepper. Starting at the bottom wide edge, roll the chicken breast into a tight cylinder. Pin it closed with toothpicks. Fill, roll and close the second breast.

Dredge each rolled chicken breast in the flour shaking off the excess. Lightly coat a nonstick skillet that has an ovenproof handle with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat and add the chicken breasts. Sauté until the chicken is lightly browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Place the skillet with the chicken breasts in the oven and bake until done, 15 – 20 minutes.

Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and remove toothpicks. Cut each breast crosswise into ½-inch slices. Fan the slices out on 2 plates. Serve at once.

Makes 2 servings.

PER SERVING: 191 calories (19% calories from fat), 4g total fat (2.3g saturated fat), 30g protein, 8g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 75mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium.

JOSLIN EXCHANGES: 4 very low fat protein, ½ carbohydrate (1/2 bread/starch).

From The Joslin Diabetes Quick and Easy Cookbook, by Frances Towner Giedt, Bonnie Polin, Ph.D., and Joslin Diabetes Center.

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day
8400-cat_quickeasycook.gif (12.1 KB)

sounds great! I’m so hooked on the Greek sheep’s milk feta - Dodoni is a brand we have here.

me either,but chicken is good for us :~)

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

I love fetta cheese also… :~)

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

I agree,this sounds great … :~)

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

Sounds great, I’ll have to try it.

Andrea

Yes… Chicken is so good for us too… I love fetta cheese too…

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

Is there an easy way to print this recipe without cutting and pasting into word?
Thanks for sharing. Diet is everything.

Michelle