Chicken Pepperjack Cordon Bleu Recipe

This is a somewhat higher calorie meal, but one could potentially cut up each chicken breast half in half pieces, themselves, to make for smaller caloric weight if needed.

Pepperjack Chicken Cordon Bleu

2 chicken breast halves
2 slices of Peperjack cheese (56 g)
1/4 cup Provolone/Mozarella blend, partly-skimmed, low moisture shredded cheese
1/2 Parmesan Cheese
2 slices of extra lean ham
1/4 cup of Panko Japanese Style Breading
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of oregano leaf
1/4 tsp of black pepper
4-6 toothpicks

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.

In a bowl, mix the panko breading, the parmesan cheese, the salt, black pepper, and oregano.

Slit the chicken breasts along their sides, as if you were going to butterfly them all the way, but don’t. Turn them into pockets, sort of. Add one slice of ham to each breast, one slice of pepperjack, and half the provolone/mozarella cheese. Hold them closed, with toothpicks, on their other side (so that the open side is right side up.) Carefully, bread the chicken breasts with the breading mixture, topping most of it at the top.

If you want to bake your veggies with the chicken, put them inside aluminum foil, and add your spices to it. We did broccoli and a few green beans, with a little butter, garlic powder, onion powder, sage leaf, rosemary leaf, oregano leaf, salt, and black pepper to taste.

With veggies, bake the chicken for about 45 minutes. Without veggies, I’d say about 30.

This caloric analysis only includes the chicken, and no veggies, and it’s analyzed as 2 servings. I can never finish one serving, and I give it to my husband who needs more calories. lol This is a low carb recipe. It is not low calorie, low salt… low fat… etc. I have low blood pressure now, so I have to have a little more salt, in my diet. You can probably omit the extra salt if you need to, or use other cheeses, etc.

Calories: 459
Fat: 23; Saturated Fat 13
Cholesterol: 141 mg
Sodium: 1283 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 7
Protein: 53 grams

Maybe next time I'll remember to take a picture! lol My 1 hour postprandial was a beautiful 102! :)

It seems that for you it works brilliantly…I would have spiked.
It sounds good also.

Wow, that sounds great! I’m going to try it. I don’t worry much about anything but the carbs, since for me, worrying about carbs rather than calories has paid off with much better lipids and a whole bunch of weight lost.

Acquafortis, you could probably try it with almond flour, or with just parmesan cheese and no flour at all. :slight_smile: