Christmas Delight

Well, we all lived through Thanksgiving and I have not heard of any drastic weight gain. Now comes the biggie.

Christmas and her parties.Will we all make this one, and enjoy are low-carb foods and enjoy the season.

I for one intend to, with lots of low carb gifts to bare,and hopefully have to eat.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate this season in their own Faith. Blessings on a New Year to one and all.

Christmas parties are a challenge. Fa-la-la!

I have teens that will expect cookies, etc. I haven't been able to eat normally in years because I had other health and allergy issues, so I guess I'll survive. I've been treating myself to whipping cream with cocoa and truvia and adding sunflower seeds and walnuts. In fact, I think I'll make a flax meal muffin right now. Bg was 86 after coming home from the gym - It works, but finding the time is rough.

Any good EGG NOG recipes anyone?

Egg nog & cheesecake are the easiest things to make low carb.

•6 eggs
•4 cups milk or unsweetened almond milk (almond milk has far fewer carbs)
•2 cups heavy cream
•½ cup sugar substitute, or to taste (liquid preferred because it blends in easier)
•¼ cup brandy
•¼ cup rum or bourbon
•Nutmeg

I'd only use super fresh free range eggs.

Easy Method: Put all the ingredients into a blender. Sprinkle with nutmeg

Traditional Method: Separate the eggs, beat the yolks until light, and the whites until they form soft peaks. If you want a ighter texture, whip the cream as well & fold in gently.

Gerri, do you have any suggestions for cookies. Like type of sugar used and decorating them, or even muffins or cupcakes?

Honey, I have a ton. Send me a PM with your email address & I'll email you a bunch. I don't decorate cookies other than using chocolate ganache or powdered ethryitol. Best sugar substitute I've found for baking is a combo of ethryitol & liquid zero carb Splenda, or zero carb stevia powder & ethryitol. Learned this from searching low carb sites. Cuts the artificial after taste. In some recipes you'd swear it was sugar.

This site has the most decadent low carb desserts http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/