Collagenous colitis

Hello.
Just got this new diagnosis after biopsy from my colonoscopy. Besides insulin via pump, (T1for 63 of my 72 years)I take bp meds, thyroid meds and I was placed on a statin 6 years ago. My gastroenterologist hasn’t been very informative regarding any changes to my diet or any advice going forward.
Asking if anyone with experience with this condition can pass along any suggestions.
Thank you.
Barb on Kauai

1 Like

Hello, @Barb25 Sometimes it seems like stuff piles on. I had not heard of this condition. I found a site that gives some understanding and possible treatment options.

I am surprised that your gastro was not more helpful, at least to refer you to a doctor in your region that is familiar with the disorder and it’s treatment.

Hoping for the best for you, Barb.

https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/6135/collagenous-colitis

1 Like

Whenever I read about colitis it reminds me of that Beatles song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

You know, “ The girl with colitis goes by”

1 Like

I was diagnosed with microscopic colitis two years ago. Last year I had a severe relapse and spent 12 days in the hospital. Once all the meds brought me back to semi normal, I am currently taking one capsule of Metamucil in the morning and two at night and I am currently in fairly good shape.

Thank you for this information, Don1942.
I have tele health visit this Wednesday with my physician and will discuss this approach.
Best to you.

Barb

Thank you for this link, Luis3.

Barb

1 Like