Conquering the Trial!

Hello everyone,

I am a new-b to this site and I have yet to check everything out, but I will be around once and a while…

Well I have had type 1 Diabetes for a little over 11 years now and lets just say its been a difficult journey so far. I was diagnosed as a little 9 year old in third grade. Not knowing what to expect, I took my responsibilities with this new disease that I had to deal with and made it a part of my life style. Through out the years i have been aware of the responsibilities of taking care of myself, but have not succeded…

This trial, as I call it, is always going to be an ending battle. But… I can still get up and face it with all the knowledge that I have to say: You Not Going To Win Today. So with all that said, In the present moment, I can take charge check my blood sugars and bolus when I eat, correct when I am high, and eat when i am low, becasue at the end of the day, I know that, if God allows, I may be able to get up the next day and conquer!

Wonderful attitude! And yes, you ARE a winner – and if you keep good control, you have every chance of beating diabetes, if you define it as living a long, healthy life with few or no complications, and having fun along the way!