Craziest thing happened

Omg, I’ve been wracking my brain to try and remember what happened but I just can’t. This morning I woke up and checked the Dexcom app on my phone. 325. Whaaaat??? 325? From what? Even if I have hormone fluctuations I don’t wake up that high. And I didn’t binge before bed.

So I’m like ok, whatever, stranger things have happened. So I went to give myself a correction bolus. For some subconscious reason I felt my stomach too see that my Tslim was firmly snapped in. Sure enough it wasn’t snapped in at all!

I have zero recollection of detaching it. This is like a whole new level of “sleep walking”. It’s not so simple to detach. And I had no idea how long I had been detached for. I’m like completely dumfounded.

It sounds like everything is going okay for you now!

It’s good that you realized it when you did!

Yeah, thank goodness. I don’t even want to think about how much worse it could have been.

Don’t you have your Dexcom set up for a high alert? The Dexcom has even separate settings for night.

It kicks in at 350 :roll_eyes: You’re so right! I should definitely set up one for night time. Thank you for the advice.

Mine is always set for 160. Not that I always hear the alerts when sleeping; be they high or low alerts. That’s what I have my wife for. LOL! She usually hears the alerts.

I bolus in my sleep (to correct for highs, and do pretty well at it)… amazing how our brains are able to get us to do that stuff subconsciously.

@Niz_Roxanne

The thing that’s great about the Dexcom alerts is you can set it to warn you before you get to numbers you don’t like.

I have numerous settings
During the day my phone is set at 130, but my range I want to stay in is under 160. It gives me time to respond so I can stay under 160.

But at night because I prefer sleeping over correcting a high I have my high set at 180. So if my alarm goes off because it reaches 180 I can give a correction dose.
I have DP sometimes so I want to sleep through it if it acts up but be awakened if I go too high.