Hi… I know that there have been other posts on this topic but circumstances are unique. I’m pumping humalog. I’ve been sick (colds and such) for the most of the winter… its been brutal in NYC. I’m running high most days… (last A1C was 5.7 - one coming up will be in the mid 6s for sure. I’m getting sugars relatively flat before I go to bed (70’s to 90’s)… around 3PM sugars rise from 90 to 160s… done that like clockwork the last two days. Treatments:
- New cartridge, insulin and pump site
- Sick day insulin pattern
- Put a 50% temp basal on top of that
- Gave 5!! units correction bolus.
Sugar is stable but not dropping – I should be in tank.
My thoughts –
- underlying virus - possible
- Not enough exercise - slowed down the last two weeks - -unfortunately, I haven’t been on a regular schedule - this is a likely cause
- But… if one of those – the treatments I’m giving should still deal with that.
I’m clueless – ideas?