D-Blog Week 2012: Saturday Snapshots

Back for the third year, let’s show everyone what life with diabetes looks like! With a nod to the Diabetes 365 project, let’s grab our cameras again and share some more d-related pictures. Post as many or as few as you’d like. Feel free to blog your thoughts on or explanations of your pictures, or leave out the written words and let the pictures speak for themselves.

The morning of a diabetic: when your favorite finger it's so pricked and calloused that:

• you get dotties when you try to check your BG
  • none of them is big enough to get a decent drop of blood

Followed by a victorious pose in the afternoon, when after two hours of wandering about town, with your basal rate halved and a 25g carbs snack that you didn’t bolus for, your BG is in the 100’s:

The sculpture in the picture above it’s called “The ring” by the sculptor Mauro Staccioli. It can be found in Munich since 1996 and it’s original color is red. Of course, I didn’t paint it blue, although it would have made a good advocacy move :slight_smile: … but I spent some low-time editing it (that means that I was low when I edited the pic, not that I felt depressed or anything).

P.S. Check out the other Saturday Snapshots - Saturday 5/19 entries.