DBlog Week - Day 6 - Saturday Snapshots

“Back for the third year, let’s show everyone what life with diabetes looks like! With a nod to theDiabetes 365 project, let’s grab our cameras again and share some more d-related pictures. Post as many or as few as you’d like. Feel free to blog your thoughts on or explanations of your pictures, or leave out the written words and let the pictures speak for themselves.”

Ok...I must confess...I was going to just use some photos that I already had on the computer, but then...the guilt set in (didn't I promise that I wasn't going to guilt myself?), so I took some photos this evening. I gathered together some things that are outside of the typical diabetes paraphernalia that most think of when they hear the word "diabetes." But they are all items that are just as necessary for me.

My Spibelt that holds my pump. I read about this on TuDiabetes. LOVE IT!!!!

Since I wash my hands so much I need lots of lotion and steroid cream in the winter. The last steroid cream is for the irritation that my pump site adhesive causes. I have to use Tegaderm otherwise, I get a horrible rash and blister.

I have lots and lots of glucose tablets all around the house, on my key chain as well as gel and a glucagon kit.

I call this my “tackle box” I load it up with 10 sets, 10 reservoirs, and everything else under the sun I need for testing and pump changes and other diabetic care.

Of course batteries, ketone strips and a needle snipper.

So here are a few more details on the plethora of diabetes equipment in which I surround myself.